Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dental work for low income citizens?

On behalf of my daughter, who is very low income and needs some dental work, I thought I'd ask about low income/lower cost dental care. She has a tooth causing pain. Don't know if the tooth can be saved, crowned, or anything yet. Any options available?

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Keaau Family dental does an income based fee schedule.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
Bay Clinic's website says they have dental services. Their medical clinic has an income based fee schedule for its services, so this may be worth a look:

http://www.bayclinic.org/locations/hilo-...tal-center
Keaau Family Health and Dental Center is affiliated with Bay Clinic. They have a fee schedule based on income. 16-192 Pilimua Street, Keaau. (Behind the Police Station, opposite the Shopping Center) Phone:808-930-0400. I recently had a tooth extracted, was very pleased with the service and the staff.
I've been going there 10 years. Good work, but extraction is the norm if the tooth is too bad. Nothing fancy.
How are they for timely appointments? My experience with the bay clinic is a wait time of about 4 to 6 weeks.
I never had to wait longer than 2 weeks. If it's an emergency you can wait at the door when they open 7 or 8 in the morning.