Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar panels etc Home Depot "deal of the day"
https://www.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay?mi_u=161940704&sfalias=VA_SBOTD&cm_mmc=hd_email-_-SBOTD-_-20190517_sbotd_3364865-_-VA_SBOTD&et_rid=68029803

Some ship to Hawaii, some do not. You may have to order in person in store for the products that won't ship through the web site.
The guy next door to J Hara's had been selling 290 watt panels for $260. I don't know if he still is.
That's a good price. Do you know what the voltage is?

For small DIY projects I like the 150 watt size. They are about as large as a person working alone wants to haul up and down a ladder without struggling.
If they are like all my other panels of similar wattage the open circuit voltage is in the mid thirties. My system is set up with strings of three panels in series and in strong sun with full batteries I have seen 108 volts. That would be 36 volts each. I don't have any of those panels but I bet they are similar.
open circuit voltage is in the mid thirties

Yes -- that seems to be the standard for all current production panels. Surplus, pulls, or anything under about 250W may vary; in the olden days, big grid-tie projects were designed "in reverse", so would involve a run of custom-spec panels to fit the design. I have some odd (18Voc, 25Voc) panels that were surplused from such a project.

I'm using a hodge podge collection of various 100 and 150 watt panels in a giant rat's nest mad-scientist kind of homebrew 12v setup using only two golf cart batteries. But it's currently powering everything in our house including a 10,000 BTU window air conditioner.

Take that, HELLCO.