Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buying/developing land
Looks like things have disappeared; this is my string for developing a lovely 30 acre piece of property on N. Glenwood Rd. It has been several months of fun adventure; if you have been watching the string you know the stories.

Short version: we bought 30 acres of lovely pastureland dotted with rainforest. We have found awesome neighbors, lovely sights, and are planning on building our dream/retirement home.

Adventures have been hilarious as often as wonderful.

For example, I boutht a 4x4 truck used drove it out onto the property and got it stuck in a hole. Took two days, two tow companies refusing to go out into the pasture and a wonderful local native with a jeep 4x4 to get it out.

We have begun setting posts for fencing, weedwhacking five foot tall grass and bought a tractor to mow the rest. We hired a local man as a part time ranch hand to help out and are now seeking a drafter/archetect to help with the house I have designed. We will also be seeking local advice on planting and growing fruit, raising goats, build a road and a variety of other subjects.

Feel free to jump right in, share what you know and come by N. Glenwood Rd, 1/2 mile up from the highway 11 on the right hand side.

I look forward to meeting and/or hearing from everyone. The more ideas, the better.
Mahalo, Pam

May you live in interesting times.
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
We have lots in Tiki and one in Greensands and are not sure where we will build yet, hoping to come this winter. I designed our home too. I have designed the last 2 homes we built here in oklahoma. I found the name of a design company that seems to be real close to you that do draftings..http://www.mcmaheldesign.com/taylor_006.htm.....if you could check them out to use, please let me know what you think.

http://www.mcmaheldesign.com/taylor_006.htm