Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
TMT construction begins Monday 15 July
It's a pompous college rag, what do you expect?
(03-26-2023, 06:22 AM)AaronM Wrote: It's a pompous college rag, what do you expect?

I would expect better from a student at supposedly one of the best universities in the world.
@ borklee, forgot to type the adjective/adverb;
flaming liberal
(03-26-2023, 07:56 AM)TomK Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 06:22 AM)AaronM Wrote: It's a pompous college rag, what do you expect?

I would expect better from a student at supposedly one of the best universities in the world.

And what does that say about the state of education today?  Even a school with a billion dollar endowment cannot churn out quality!
(03-27-2023, 03:07 AM)AaronM Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 07:56 AM)TomK Wrote:

And what does that say about the state of education today?  Even a school with a billion dollar endowment cannot churn out quality!

I couldn't agree more. I saw a big drop in the standard of graduate students back in the early 2000s when I used to interact with them much more than I do now, and I don't think things have improved since then. I think there are still some excellent graduates that are as good as any produced in the past, but the overall standard has dropped significantly.