Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads-up for DHL customers
I had to renew my UK passport in February and applied online. Really simple process but had to send my old passport via mail. I did that using FedEx with no problem.

The UK government apparently uses DHL for international deliveries. My new passport was sent to me but in the meantime, our office had closed due to COVID-19. USPS mail could be picked up at the post office and mail from UPS and FedEx could also be picked up at their offices. Not DHL.

My passport arrived and it was just luck that one of our admin staff was at the office to pick up mail, so I did get that. My old passport was also sent a little later but DHL couldn't deliver. My only options are to put it on vacation hold until the end of April, redeliver to the same address on some other day or have it held at a DHL lockbox in Honolulu. Redirecting to another address is not an option on the Big Island.

I spent some time on the phone today with a very friendly DHL support person, but these remain the only options. So just a heads-up for anyone expecting a DHL delivery to an address that isn't their own home.