Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went grocery Shopping Yestertday ...
It had been 2 to 3 weeks since last going grocery shopping.
I had thought prices were going up in my previous shopping adventures.
This time prices are definitely going up, getting much less for the same costs.
I purposely held down my shopping amount.
It cost just as much as when I bought larger amounts in my previous forays since the epidemic began.

I was expecting it to happen, caused by the epidemic's effects.
We don't expect it to effect us seriously, depending on what actually happens in the not too distant future.
But, those who are already, and soon to being affected by the economic slowdown will be affected much more seriously.
We got hamburger last week at Target $2.72/pound. It's $4.79 today and who knows what it will be tomorrow or if the container will fall off the barge and its simply not available. We don't use a lot of hamburger but when see a price like that we get some for the freezer.

Orchidland General Store (manager told me they are NOT a "True Value" store any longer, hasn't been for a few years, I'm apparently just not that observant) regular (not sale) price on Kirkland bacon is $4.99/pound which is cheaper than bacon from Target or even Walmart. They had a mystery brand of bacon on sale last week for $4.65/pound but this week it's $6 something. They also sell other Kirkland products like TP and paper towels but I didn't look at prices. I guess they are the Cost-U-Less of Puna. Their livestock section has been much better stocked lately with larger variety of feeds but they usually run out in between orders. They have also recently had things like flour (5 and 10 pound bags) and lentils in stock when other places were out. I haven't noticed that their prices on anything has gone up more than anywhere else.
I’m seeing more beefsteak at Safeway at slightly more reasonable prices.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!