Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
status of grocery delivery in puna?
Where can you get groceries (Walmart, etc) reliably delivered to your door in Puna?   upper Orchid land dirt road?  Leilani estates?  anywhere?

Does anybody deliver from costco to the Puna side?

Just wondering...so far I have been just driving, but I need to have a complete major rebuild done on my main puna car,  which will take a long time, so I need to plan ahead for no transport for awhile.

Thanks,

Ccat
We get same-day deliveries from Walmart and SHIPT on 40th. SHIPT includes Target, Safeway, and others. We've never used them but Express Waiters says they deliver here. That includes restaurants, some stores, and a gas station (liquor).

There's also insta-cart, and Uber Eats, but again, have not used them.

If you don't need same-day, Walmart and Target deliver to Orchidland via UPS and FedEx. A lot of the Target stuff ships from Hawaii so we usually get it in 2 days, though sometimes we have received it next day. Make sure the items you are ordering are "shipped and sold" by them or you get into the mysterious world of third-party sellers who will try to mail things to an address where there is no mail service. Target is still doing free shipping if you meet the minimum order threshold or use the red card. Walmart hasn't figured out what they are doing, sometimes they want to add a "location surcharge" to the "free shipping" and sometimes they don't.

We haven't done the "same day" thing in a few years because after adding a generous gratuity and the delivery fee, just wasn't worth it, especially with Target delivering a lot of stuff next day or day after that for free.

I think there is some sort of Costco delivery option (maybe Insta Cart?) but we are WAY outside their delivery range. The only free delivery to Puna you can get from Costco is appliances.