Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet flying over HPP for last half hour at 4:00 am
"What if she …

Here’s another question.  Did they have a flashlight?
I don't know if they had a flashlight or not, but the boyfriend has been arrested and charged with terroristic threatening in an incident at Makuu and Beach on 26 February. He is also under investigation over an altercation in Keaau on 20 February. Read about it here:

https://bigislandnow.com/2024/02/29/keaa...reatening/
(03-01-2024, 07:58 AM)ChunksterK Wrote: I don't know if they had a flashlight or not, but the boyfriend has been arrested and charged with terroristic threatening in an incident at Makuu and Beach on 26 February.  He is also under investigation over an altercation in Keaau on 20 February.  Read about it here:

https://bigislandnow.com/2024/02/29/keaa...reatening/

Well this really asks more questions than it answers. 

Both his arrest and investigation are for acts committed AFTER the drowning of his girlfriend. 

So then are these desperate acts of a man in sheer agony at the loss of his girlfriend, or are they just him acting normally?

One reassuring thing is that your linked story does state that the drowning, while still under investigation, but no foul play is suspected.
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
Iʻm wondering where the kids were when they were out watching the waves at 2AM and where are they now?
Police detectives “have conclusively ruled out foul play” in the Feb. 18 death of 29-year-old Kala‘iokealaula Ashley Nicole Reyes Kanekoa of Keaau.

Early that morning, Kanekoa reportedly fell off the sea cliff in Hawaiian Paradise Park and into the ocean. She later drowned. Her body was recovered later in the day.

Detectives interviewed Kanekoa’s boyfriend — who the Tribune-Herald previously identified as Dylan Gapp, 31, of HPP — who reported the incident and was present at the scene, as well as numerous witnesses and residents in the area where this incident occurred, police said today.

Police also reviewed residential video surveillance from a nearby home that showed the scene.

“The surveillance video clearly shows no indication of foul play when Kanekoa went over the sea cliff into the ocean,” police said in a statement.

An autopsy was performed Feb. 20, and the forensic pathologist ruled that Kanekoa died as a result of an accidental drowning, with no indication of foul play. However, the final autopsy report is pending standard toxicology testing.

Anyone who may have information relative to this investigation is asked to call Detective Paul Mangus of the Area I Criminal Investigation Section, at (808) 961-2383 or email paul.mangus@hawaiicounty.gov or the police department’s nonemergency number at (808) 935-3311.
Thanks, terracore. I wonder how long this thread will go on with further speculation.
Several hours on the cliffs hearing his girlfriend's screams until her ultimate demise, and being powerless to help her....this experience is going to haunt him forever. I sure hope he gets the help he needs.