Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii Biosecurity Bill
A bill protecting Hawaii from invasive species has moved forward, with funds for “responding to” fire ants, coquis etc.  It still must pass the House & Senate.

$100,000 for coqui “response”
$3,180,660 for additional state workers

https://hdoa.hawaii.gov/blog/main/nr24-1...uritybill/
I guess it just goes without saying that this is all probably too little, too late, isn't it? Shouldn't this sort of thing been started 10? 20? years ago?

Well, at least it's something...? 

But it seems there is waaaaaay more going toward staffing that should be going toward "response".

Or, wait, was that your point? I'm gonna say yes...I can be a bit slow. Haha.
Well, at $3,180,660 for 44 people straight lines out to $72,287.73 each. Granted, some (or most) will be considerably higher with few much lower, but I wonder what are the qualifications required for one of these proposed 44 new hires?
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
straight lines out to $72,287.73 each... 

Well, they won't be buying any of the new houses in HPP  Big Grin 

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, and, of course they may have a very profitable side gig selling combat roosters or spare car parts from home.  

Congrats to all of the new state employees.

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono
straight lines out to

An infinity + 1 number of coquis, divided by $100,000, hold on, I’ll need a mainframe…
I’m wondering if the new hires get a badge.

If so, I might be interested in getting one of those new jobs! I’ll flash my shiny new badge at the coquis and they will magically disappear!
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
Sphere of influence, no need badge. green $mell works enuf for county