Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banner project - April '07 status
Some background. I first suggest this a couple years ago. The idea has always had good traction with the business community on Pahoa Village Rd. Never heard an objection.

The simple theory is to have at least one banner in sight at all times while traveling from the Pahoa traffic light through to the Malama Market entry. These would not be mounted on power poles. They would require dedicated steel posts, approx. 20' tall and would be located, with written permission, on private properties.

I intended the banners themselves to be made of high quality awning fabrics. I have a binder of fabric colors. The original intention was to have a series of floral designs representing the local fauna and fabricated with a level of quality to have them last for years with minimal maintenance.

Twice I approached the Pahoa High School for an opportunity to involve the local art classes in the design of the banners. Twice I got good response from Maureen and on both occasions I was ultimately ignored by the art teacher. I couldn't achieve one phone call returned much less a meeting on the subject. With that history I am now more inclined to approach HAAS on the design.

Meanwhile the project needs to be quantified and budgeted. With numbers we can then approach funding the project.

I intend to build a committee of perhaps four people to pursue this.

Aloha - April 4, 2007
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator