Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahalanui Park( Hot Ponds)
The water at pohoiki boat ramp is warm too. Much cleaner water. but the hazzard is the ramp itself very slippery. Many people hurt there.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
"your mileage may very"...mahalo, that was funny. laugh for the day.
enjoy.

riverwolf
riverwolf
Although this thread was regarding the hot ponds, just a note that the tide pools may have porta potties again shortly. Just need to figure out where they are going.

quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

Although this thread was regarding the hot ponds, just a note that the tide pools may have porta potties again shortly. Just need to figure out where they are going.

EXCELLENT. Good on ya.
I would love to go there and love to recommend the area to others. It is a beautiful space. Really in need of facilities.
Now if the neighborhood/county could get rid of ALL (not just new construction) cess pools that seep into the tide pools it would be perfect.
Yes, I know this takes much time and energy and is not free and takes planning and permits...
Anyway, kapohocat, thanks for the update that porta potties may be there in the future. gives me faith that this and other areas can and will be cleaned up.

I do my small part by hauling junk bit by bit out of the Shipman paths which I use off Beach Rd. I have obtained permission to take my truck into area for sole purpose of being able to haul out more stuff. Shipman managers are very supportive of any community member making efforts to help keep clean the aina.

So what you can and be proud of any of the steps you accomplish.

Big applauds to kapohocat and whoever else has helped in obtaining the porta johns.
The thank you goes to a wonderful person who donated 6 months of porta potty funding. We all are just finding a place for them to go.