Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A request for photography suggestions
Thanks to Dot for the compliments to our garden! All of the photos on our website are from the garden, and we do get a bit enthusiastic about our Vireyas!

Jane Adams
www.whitecloudnursery.com
Everyone had great suggestions and I agree, you are great at capturing nature shots. If you want to get some great Onomea shots you do not have to pay to get into the garden, just park on the side of the road about 1/8 of a mile south of the garden. There is a chain link fence there and a trail. LOTS of great stuff and vistas to shoot there.

I have had some fun using a telephoto lens and getting pictures of people's faces, especially children. There are also some really interesting architectural shots in downtown Hilo, for instance the terracotta details on the phone company building and the EHCC.

My friend Ethan is a great photographer, doing both people and landscapes professionally. A couple of days ago he paid a pilot to take him up and got some of the best Mauna Kea Snow shots I have ever seen. As you know the mountain is fickle and things change radically there, he just managed to catch a very wide shot with a lot of snow, blue sky and a circle of clouds around the lower part of the mountain. Of course you can still go up there and take pictures any time you want can't you? Your sunsets from up there are among some of the most beautiful I have ever seen.

Just as writers should write what they know, so should photographers shoot what they know, even if it is the same location every morning, each shot varies vastly with the weather, location of the sun etc.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com