Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24% of Hawaii Homes Bought By Out Of State Buyers
this thread is a good argument for Hawaiian sovereignty

Using the existing Hawaiian controlled entities as a basis from which they could start and work from - -
let's all sign up on the housing and homestead waiting list, and by 2095 there might be an opening. But don't count on it.

No thanks, I'd rather have a job and pay for my own property and live there before I'm dead.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
this thread is a good argument for Hawaiian sovereignty

Please do explain how sovereignty will result in affordalble housing. Hawaii is practically a MIRAB state as it is, what will a sovereign nation use for an economy? Especially a nation that refuses development as desecration.
a nation that refuses development as desecration.

A nation whose presumptive leaders live under blue tarps on the roadway, because we don't even have a decent overpass where they can set up camp and get out of the rain.

Then when they want to move, they call the County for help.
"A little closer to the pavement. We'd like to complain about the speed of the traffic driving by."*

* one of the protest leaders complained about the speed of traffic on Mauna Kea Access Road one day after they moved 15 feet off the pavement
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
blue tarps on the roadway

Tarps are technically "affordable" housing, and the sovereign Hawaiian Nation might even allow them under its building code... but the side effects will include substantial out-migration by people seeking a better quality of life.

good argument for Hawaiian sovereignty

As PaulW pointed out, there are 140 houses in Puna for sale under $175,000, or if you're 50% Native Hawaiian you could purchase a small DHHL house in Panaewa for $449,000.

Would you rather buy three houses at $150,000 each in Puna, rent two for income, or get a special Native Hawaiian deal, with all of the restrictions that apply to buying and selling a home on a leasehold property, and imposed limitations on ownership?

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/reo/...57837.html
or get a special Native Hawaiian deal, with all of the restrictions

Gee, when you put it that way, it kind of sounds like a scam...