Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Room Rental
TRO. And remember, once you rent it it is no longer "your house".
My 2 cents wrote, "the house you are living in". It makes me think it's not a house he or she owns and it's just a room. Of course, My 2 cents can clarify.

(05-23-2021, 10:29 AM)My 2 cents Wrote: TRO.  And remember, once you rent it it is no longer "your house".

So is it your house, i.e., do you own it? If there's a TRO I suspect there's more going on than you are saying.
Everything the op said suggests that he/she is the owner. From the responses so far (except yours) it appears that everyone else interpreted it the same way I did.

My example was just that, i.e., one more hypothetical situation that COULD happen. Similar to what others provided.
(05-23-2021, 10:18 AM)kalianna Wrote: How can you be evicted from your own house?

Very easy,
The disruption, loss of money to make house payment, additional costs caused by the renter, additional costs to get a bad renter out of the house, the list goes on.

My  prior experience with a bad renter almost cost me the house.
I paid through the nose to hang on to it, finally ended up moving back into it myself.
Otherwise, it wouldn't have been worth keeping.

Responses have reminded me of why I have avoided doing another rental, also why I'll probably never do another.
Thanks all for the reality check.