Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Open letter to Rob on Hawaii Covid information.
Hi Rob,  If i may take possession of the conch.

As we all know, your Punaweb rules are " Keep it Hawaii " Yes, check and agree. This is an awesome "community square" forum with great local info and even national resources on tap from the many posters here today + archives.  Humblest thanks for hosting it all these years.

As you have reiterated, there are many other forums to go wade into on X topics concerning non local and fringe ideas.

But this Covid is different. Its both global and in our face. Unavoidably conjoined and messing with us all on a daily basis. Keiki to Kapuna 

People want to talk about it, share stories and gleen new, fresh information.  

Your forum here is a unique, fantastic resource for enable this to happen. National News not talking about Puna /BI. Where else can we go ?

With few exceptions, the folks here are having civil discussions and posting relevant info to bolster they point. I don't see people running wild, ugly or going off on ad hominem attacks. Nor offshore trolls dropping in.

Just like any talk story conversation, topic may stray or, in this case, jump off the Island or even state. That doesn't make it any less relevant when sharing info on this ( Covid ) life altering reality we are facing right here. People are wanting HEALTH information. And its NOT coming from local news.

I figure this dilemma / quandary ( keep it local ) is a tough call on a daily basis,, i feel ya... .. and maybe you don't agree with all info. But on this Cobid topic Rob, i feel you could allow a little more Kuleana kine leeway for the good of local folks to both post and read what all is out there to be more fully infiormed. Let us read it all, ask questions and decide for ourselves.

mahalo

Your writing style has changed quite a bit.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
(12-04-2021, 05:52 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:

I figure this dilemma / quandary ( keep it local ) is a tough call on a daily basis,, i feel ya... .. and maybe you don't agree with all info. But on this Cobid topic Rob, i feel you could allow a little more Kuleana kine leeway for the good of local folks to both post and read what all is out there to be more fully infiormed. Let us read it all, ask questions and decide for ourselves.

I think Rob is allowing that. It just needs to be related to Hawaii.
Boooooo! Someone please hand me a rotten tomato.

Facebook is that way ------------------->
(12-04-2021, 07:02 AM)AaronM Wrote: Boooooo!  Someone please hand me a rotten tomato.

Facebook is that way ------------------->

Exactly. 'elepaio and his socks should be on FB or whatever it's called these days rather than trying to change Punaweb.
Is there a Big Island Covid Facebook Page ?
Wouldn't know.

I believe maybe missing my point here.

Not trying to change anything, rather request that Rob grant a little more "Off Hawaii" leeway on Covid topical information sharing for the benefit of us all.

Whats wrong with that ?

Can't just lament about the elected, county disfunction and Pahoa Circle Protesters all day

Please define what you are speaking of EF. TomK, is
this a coherent reply ? Or do you just selectively bully and accuse new folks here ? This is weird.
Seems to me Rob has been extra lenient on this topic for almost 2 years and for the last few months it has been abused.
A popular response over the years to requests for PW changes has been to start your own site and set your own parameters. Just like Rob has done.
What do you think Rob ?

Can we post and share " off shore " covid related
medical and health stuffs to all here to read and check out ??? As long as its on covid topic ? NOT national news/ politics... Sorta like the lava thread. Please Rob, create a new like that for the local community.

AaronM,
Your punaweb level. "Senior Member" Congrats bra.

Attacking my posts concerning request to Moderator to please allow sharing information here about Covid for all .. RIN0 level
Everyone who doesn't agree with is not "attacking" you. Criticism is a thing that you should prepare for when suggesting changes to the status quo.

I would recommend sending Rob a private message if you cannot handle responses from the public.