Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Always trust the Science Riiighht ?
It almost happened to me in Iowa . I was using GPS to find my wife's cousin's house.
It wanted me to cross a stream.
I called and asked if I should do that or not. Turns out the bridge had been washed out 10 years before that.
(05-10-2023, 10:58 PM)elepaio pid= Wrote:w/ both hands, brain engaged. Trust your own eyes, ears and research.. not what someone/thing else is telling you to believe.

And yet you can't figure out when AstroDay 2023 occurred.
Definitely " missed it " shoots ... Not into teaching children about useless, pie in the sky, rare jobs. And parental fantasy shits like being pro athletes, Dr., Lawyer etc. it's cool but doesn't put food on the table and reality check, your kid ain't that smart/motivated ... BC reality check #2, prolly your a lazy parent.

Mo betta they learn real world skills. Those not replaceable by robot ( tics

Tools vs."tools"

The best future is to have them know a trade skill or at least a secondary interest in it.

Flame away childless punawebbers.
elepaio pid=' dateline= Wrote:Definitely " missed it " shoots ... Not into teaching children about useless, pie in the sky, rare jobs. And parental fantasy shits like being pro athletes, Dr., Lawyer etc.  it's cool but doesn't put food on the table and reality check, your kid ain't that smart/motivated ... BC reality check #2, prolly your a lazy parent. 

Tools vs."tools" 

The best future is to have them know a trade skill or at least a secondary interest in it.

Now we get to see your motivation. In another thread you wrote this:

"I think 2023 Hilo Astroday is still upcoming.. will you be there Tom ?

Did i miss it ? If not, pease let us know upcoming date and location please. salamat
"

So please tell us what your motivation is or was for attending AstroDay? Was it simply stalking? You've already posted here in the past wanting the contact details of myself and my boss. Surely you remember? You got banned from PW for three months.
Keep huffing the;

Its all about you, TomK

gnite
'e
If only there were a way to use these powers for good.
(05-11-2023, 09:02 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:Definitely " missed it " shoots ... Not into teaching children about useless, pie in the sky, rare jobs. And parental fantasy shits like being pro athletes, Dr., Lawyer etc.  it's cool but doesn't put food on the table and reality check, your kid ain't that smart/motivated ... BC reality check #2, prolly your a lazy parent. 

Tools vs."tools" 

You regret missing an event that's of no interest?  

Reality check: Speak for yourself.  Maybe YOUR kid isn't that smart/motivated.  

The trade skills you tout were built on a foundation of science you disparage.  Go figure...
Not into teaching children about useless, pie in the sky, rare jobs. And parental fantasy shits like being  Dr., Lawyer etc. it's cool but doesn't put food on the table and reality check, your kid ain't that smart/motivated ... BC reality check #2, prolly your a lazy parent.  

Instead of griping and complaining and grumbling about what other people, other students, other parents should do, there's another thread where you can make positive suggestions about what you CAN do.  

Didn't you recently point out we should engage in:
 work efforts next to something more beneficial for everyday society and hawaiian culture going forwards.

What do you think those work efforts should be other than the unspecified trade skills you mentioned?  East Hawaii Troll School doesn't count.
Work here for keike is ongoing. Money where out mouths are.

Sickening the plandemic yanked so many activities away from them.

Not me DF, children from good parenting end up tutoring others. Even the ones who would come in, put head down and literally say " i don't want to learn " lol.

Your flipping in your other Tech/Tools ..at this point 2023 im not sure calling a young framer or ____ apprentice a Scientist would be appropriate or even appreciated.

FWIW Mike Rowe is dead on and more parents should check him out.

eta: https://www.mikeroweworks.org