Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepare for traffic increases - No school busses - with bonus Waipio lore
(08-13-2024, 06:07 AM)ktm Wrote: Did anyone else's bus not come this morning? Route SR26B did not come.  They said it broke down. I don't think it left the yard.

Each kid is $73.56 per quarter, $294.24/yr. I didn't see any refund for the week they missed either.

Sorry about your bus.  Its always something.  As for the refund.  It will probably take them a minute to enact what they just decided on.  Check is in the mail...
I wish you all the best.
(08-10-2024, 07:47 PM)Punatang Wrote: Back to the valley:  Was anyone else around the time Mr. T rented the D-9 (AKA 1000 Hawaiians) and got it stuck in the river as it was coming up?

You know, Mr T's infatuation with that D-9 (I wonder if it really was a 9.. maybe more the size of a 7?) has a long and sordid history. And btw, it was not leased as much as on loan from Dr Freddie Nitta in Hilo. Once I was asked to do an assessment of the sediment that was being carried down stream during periods of high water, and eventually plugging up the entire lower reaches of Wailoa River.. the question; was it Mr T's grubbing, clearing loi, or the landslides in the back of the valley that was the source of the rock and sand. I tried enticing folks that otherwise focus on the emplacement of lava rather than the degradation of the mountains they build, to bring their resources to bear but to no avail. And I ended up focusing my energy with others getting grant monies to deal with the problem rather than define it's source.

On another note. In researching something else.. does anyone remember the day Dexter died? I came upon this GoFundMe campaign..

From.. https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-susie...gacy-alive

Support Susie in Keeping Dexter's Legacy Alive

In which it, in part, states..

As the wife of Dexter Cate, Susie was his main cheerleader and driving force behind her husband. Dexter Cate was one of the board members of Earthtrust and was an instrumental part of Green Peace, Save the Whales and other iconic environmental foundations. Dexter was the president of Earth Co-existence in Hawaii and he worked tirelessly to ensure the survival and protection of sea life...

...Susie has a Kalo (tarot) farm in Wiapo Valley Big Island Hawaii where she tries to run the foundation. Tools to run the farm are broken and in disarray, add to it on a fixed income. financial the farm is losing its battle. This fund raiser is to buy tools and equipment to keep it running. Susie, also has no mean of transportation to Dr. appointments. Everything bought from donations will be used to keep the farm running, My hope, is that the tools will be covered, so she does not spend all of her fixed income to keep going.

The complete GoFundMe campaign is at the link above..
The complete GoFundMe campaign is at the link above..

The listing is still there, but it says new donations are currently disabled.
(tarot) farm 

As good a description as any I guess.
I wish you all the best.
As good a description as any I guess.

The whole writeup has a particular style. Tho I did post it rather than ditching the idea over the writer's way of saying thing because I figure the ideas behind them express a need..

I stubbed upon that after being reawakened to the thoughts in this thread I was wondering exactly when Dexter died? He was on a protest boat along the Kona Coast during some demonstration, and recreationally free diving.. and at one point he went down and never came up.
 a particular style.

Indeed. Speaking of style, I re-discovered that we were already the proud owners of one of your publications from way back. We own a few books. It's a good one.  Amazing photography. Funny it's not the one that I was led to by that other thread.  It's probably around here somewhere too.  If not I have a neighbor that I'm sure has it.  Small island.

I do not know the exact date of Dexter's famous dive.  I know the story and I knew the devastated survivors.  Many days that I took Linda out of the valley, Susie was with us as well.  Dr. visits, resupply, propane, trash out, all of the things.  I remember listening to Dexter's son Banyan switch from The King's perfect English to level 14 pidgin, that really came from the heart, in the same breath.  Always entertaining at the round house.  Work to be done.  Weeds in the lo'i.  Life.  

The root of "tarot" is foolishness.
I wish you all the best.
https://bigislandnow.com/2024/08/22/8-ea...next-week/

Several more bus routes restored for the Hilo-Waiakea and Kau-Keaau-Pahoa complex areas. Only 84 more routes (across all islands it seems) to get back to baseline.

Maybe if there's (still) a problem and if no one else can help and if they can find them... they can charter some black and red GMC Vandura vans to help out. If punaweb teaches us anything, it's to, in the wise words of Sergeant Bosco Albert "B.A." Baracus, "don't be a fool" and "stay in school!"