Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fundraiser for Bob Jacobson - I'm going, are you?
We should all go to this and invite our friends and neighbors....

Tomorrow evening. Bob deserves our thanks.

FUNDRAISER / PART FOR COUNCILMAN BOB JACOBSON

Saturday August 2

5:00 - 10:00 PM

Eagles Hall in Keaau

Jazz Mele will play music for dancing and dining from 5:00 - 7:00. There will also be hula and music by Kathy Dorn and friends. This is a combination fundraiser and celebration of Bob and Julie Jacobson's 33rd anniversary. A chili dinner will be served (vegetarian and meaty). Also silent auction and prizes. A $10 Donation is requested.

Directions from Hilo: Take the Keaau bypass (Hwy 130). After passing Keaau High School, turn right on Opukahaia St. Look for the Eagles sign at the corner. (The Humane Society will be on your left.) Go to the end of this short street and the Eagles Hall will be on your left.

For information call Bob Jacobson 966-8831.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Definitely the place to be...
See ya there!

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
I thought it was a nice gathering. The band was good. Angel and Nita Pilago were there too. I got to thank Bob and Angel for their leadership and votes on the Puna Community Development Plan. Angel says that he feels they have a very solid majority for the Council approval of the PCDP.

By the way, the band Jazz Mele was very, very good.

Punaweb moderator
It was indeed a fine get together ...music, food (chili el supremo!), talk story,...

It made for quite a day for us ... we went to a memorial for Anson Chong in the morning/lunch at Kilauea Military Camp Chapel, Volcano. Then Bob and Julie's gig. Lots of buzz on the PCDP, the election, and, as a result, New Puna.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
So I am ignorant about Bob Jacobson...please tell me why you would support him.

Carrie Rojo

"The sun and moon collide. Isn't gravity a funny thing? The universe explodes apart. All the children sing..." Todd Rundgren
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
I have known and watched Bob and Julie Jacobson since Julie first took council office in '98 I think it was. They are both astute thinkers and have allowed no strings to become attached to their view of this island and it's people. Julie retired from council to care for an elderly family member - which is quite honorable - and her reputation was such that Bob was easily elected in her place.

There are off island developers who are quite upset with Bob's voting on development from an environmental Point of view. They want him gone. That speaks volumnes too.

Bob Jacobson is not so green as to be against all business opportunities. He can recognize the difference between local interests and off island interests.

So in a short summary I would say I support Bob Jacobson because he can see the big picture and act accordingly.

Rob

Punaweb moderator
I have spoken to Bob Jacobson and watched his voting record. He is an honorable and conscientious man who is idealistic enough to strive for the best, but practical enough to know we need economic growth to survive. I met him in a busy airport in Honolulu while he was trying to get standby space on my overbooked flight, and he took the time in the middle of that craziness to speak to me and listen to my concerns for Puna and the Big Island. This man is a class act.

Cheers,
Jerry
I too have known Bob & Julie for many years, and he was our neighbor on 7 road for a few years. Bob is a stand up guy who works hard. Many nights at various HA functions, Bob has taken time out to answer questions pertaining to the county when he might have really wanted to just sit back and relax. They both have worked hard for our county.

Agree or disagree, I have always found Bob to have researched the subject and get much input on his constituents needs. He and I had many long talks about the county's so called As-Built Amensty program and where it was failing.

Prior to 2005, I hardly knew Bob or Julie. Had briefly talked with each at one or two meetings about the 'Puna Regional Circulation Plan' in 2003/04.

Then, based on a recommendation from someone else in County Government with whom I had interviewed, Bob invited me to work for him on the Council as his Legislative Assistant.

Two things I like best about Bob:
1) He has an absolutely phenomenal capacity to listen to people -- really listen and care. Perhaps because he made a career as a Registered Nurse.
2) He is human -- i.e., he makes mistakes. The difference with Bob is, he admits it and does what is reasonable to set things right.

On the Council, he works very hard (NOTE: most folks outside of that existence have no idea how much work is involved in being a Council member.)
Because his District covers such a large area -- from Kurtistown to Kealakekua Bay -- Bob is faced with an extra challenge. He is forever traveling in the District to meetings and community events.

Definitely, Bob is not in the pocket of the moneyed interests.
Indeed, in this election year, those interests are working hard to oust him.

Certainly, if you live in District 6 - VOTE BOB JACOBSON!
Honest, hardworking, humble, not bought.

btw: last I heard, another candidate in District 6 was spending in excess of $50,000 on the campaign -- not $$ from people in the District.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Those of us who know Bob and appreciate his service to the island need to roll up our sleeves and bring his message to the street.

It's fair to say that the Big Money developers have him targeted. His re-election will be another test of wills between community and special interests.

Talk it up. Think of creative ways to help broadcast the message.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator