Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell me it ain't so...
Yes, that is the guy.

Where do you buy your wheat/corn etc.? I use a heavy duty food processor for grindingbut it is hard to get the exact grind sometimes.

quote:
Originally posted by Hotzcatz

Is this the fellow with the little shop along bayfront? There aren't that many places to buy good cookware in Hilo town.

Generally the cooking things I want aren't available locally, anyway. http://www.grainmaker.com/

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
I've been through that shop a couple of times, but haven't bought anything from them. Mostly because of prices and they didn't have what I was looking for. Hmm, come to think of it, I was looking for a grain grinder then, too.

Just ordered the grain grinder today so it should be here in a week or two. I dunno yet, where the wheat and corn will come from. Possibly Azure Standard, possibly somewhere else. Wanna go in on a grain shipment? Shipping stuff by the pallet load is about the only way to get a deal on shipping. I think 32 fifty pound bags will fit on a pallet and I only could store four to six of them. If necessary, I'll get a few bags of grain for flour and the rest as chickenfeed. I'm thinking hard red wheat, but maybe a few other grains as well.

I'm just beginning the research, but it seems fresh ground flour might be something folks would want? Also the grinder can grind peanuts and is there such a thing as coconut butter for spreading on bread or in cookies? The grinder could probably grind coconut.

Kurt Wilson

Kurt Wilson