Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MailBox Break-ins HPP
quote:
Originally posted by Lin W

There was a segment on KITV news tonight about CPUs (Contract Postal Units) that are private single-owner, not postal service owned, and are basically one-window, mini post offices that can be located anyplace thereā€˜s room, inside a larger store, strip mall, maybe even on private property in HPP? They can do everything a regular post office can except passports and money orders. Just needs someone willing to start up the business. The video is on the KITV site (http://www.kitv.com/video/28994737/detail.html).

quote:
Originally posted by Seeb

HPP needs it own post office.
i know it would be hard to sell usps on it, but it is needed
11K people, half hour round trip to ether existing, anyone without a car or doesnt want to face the 130 meat grinder is out of luck, both keaau and pahoa are overloaded

blessed are the cracked for they let in the light

Great info.
We had these all over Washington State. In Seattle there were plenty of these in the older (non-chain) drug stores. On the rural Oly Pen. where I moved from there was one in the local drug store. Was great. Exactly like the Post Office. Great service.
Would be excellent to have.

I support what macuu222 was saying, and we get NO bills via mail. We also do the newspapers on-line.

However, my partner does business through ebay and etsy. Need to get packages out, and UPS is cheapest way to send our particular packages. It depends on what you are sending and weight for flat rate UPS vs. USPS and Fed-X from here in Hawaii.
Also, we get some supplies for the business via UPS packages because that is how the companies/suppliers prefer to send to Hawaii. Some will use Fed-X and USPS, but some will not. Not our choice.
Thus, at least three times a week we either pick up packages from suppliers or send some out to customers.
and of course there is NETFLIX...[Big Grin]

So, I would LOVE to have a USPS contracted post office here in HPP. I would really use it often. I am pretty sure my partner is not the only one in HPP who does business through ebay, etsy or their own web site and has to use USPS to mail out to customers.
hawaiideborah