Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Beaches Water Company
A letter came in the mail yesterday announcing that Hawaiian Beaches Water Company, effective September 1, 2011, will no longer accept Automatic Payment Options (which I am currently using). The new options are: a new website or 1-888-672-3867. If we choose either of these options there will be a (SMALL) convenience fee assessed based on the amount of payment. They continue by saying they will accept cash or checks. What about credit card payments at the office...probably another SMALL convenience fee. Being 81 years of age, this adds to the inconvenience of life. Auto-pay was very convenient for me.
OK, Hawaiian Beaches Water Company charges more than the county water, we have no fire hydrants to fight fires. When I asked HBWC about this, their response is that it's too expensive to put in hydrants.
We who live in Hawaiian Beaches (lava zone 2) know of the problems involved to get home/fire insurance. Sadly HBWC continues to rake in great profits and we blindly pay and play their game.
It would be nice if the Hawaii County Council would require HBWC to install fire hydrants (similar to the one on Hahakai across from "Da Store").

Fire Hydrants require large water mains ( mega bucks )
..and not to be churlish, but at least you have piped water accessible to you. Many of us don't...

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, check and see if your bank offers automatic bill payment through their online banking (I assume that your current arrangement involves the water company automatically withdrawing from your checking account, the bank option would be the reverse -- the bank would automatically send money on a regular basis or whenever you tell them to do so).
quote:
Originally posted by KeaauRich

..and not to be churlish, but at least you have piped water accessible to you. Many of us don't...

That may be true. But from my catchment-loving perspective, I don't miss constantly increasing water bills or utility bureaucracies that attempt to squeeze as much $$$$ as possible out of their customers - who at the same time are conspicuous short on adding any additional value or efficiencies whatsoever to their so called services.

I envy folk who are off the grid, and I'm trying like heck to get there....
nothing stopping you from putting in a catchment tank and solar panels to get off the grid in hawaiian beaches.

Fire Hydrants? Insurance? Who needs insurance? That's the biggest scam of all scams.. Go figure.

The average home in Hawaiian beaches should pay about $800 total for home and hurricane coverage. The Hawaiian Shores side has hydrants and rates are 10-20% less. Hydrants would be much safer given that the water hauling capacity of the Hawaiian Beaches volunteer and Pahoa fire stations are not very great. Still, your water bill would probably go up to cover the cost of the hydrant install.

Dan De Soto
Mutual Underwriters
Insurance Agent
www.insurancehi.com
dan@mutualunderwriters.com
Tel: 808-961-3207
Fax: 808-969-1120
275 Ponahawai St., Ste#105
Hilo, HI 96720
Dan De Soto
Mutual Underwriters
Insurance Agent
www.insurancehi.com
dan@mutualunderwriters.com
Tel: 808-961-3207
Fax: 808-969-1120
275 Ponahawai St., Ste#105
Hilo, HI 96720
Well, idk about being LUCKY... building n buying a home here in HB was not, by luck. It was conscious n planned. We chose to buy here as compared to other surrounding areas that have only catchment. Jus sayn. [Smile]
Actually i came to find this site looking for others that have a issue with accessive fees. I moved into this house on Nov 18, 2013.
My water bill for a month ran about $40- $50. I live alone.That, I consider a lot as compared to county water residents that live in other areas of this island. But, that is not my issue.
As I've stated, my water usage averages $40-$50.
The issue is that i recieved a letter, hand delivered to my residents that says they want $569 by today or my service will be turned off. They r holding me responsible for a past due bill from a deceased family member. A maintenance fee of $260, a $100 dep. And $149 delinquent amount.
quote:
Originally posted by KeaauRich

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, check and see if your bank offers automatic bill payment through their online banking (I assume that your current arrangement involves the water company automatically withdrawing from your checking account, the bank option would be the reverse -- the bank would automatically send money on a regular basis or whenever you tell them to do so).

I'm sorry I posted in ur reply.my bad...