Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take one, share one: Little Library
My kids had to do a volunteer project for school and I encouraged them to build a "take one, lend one" little library at the end of Makuu. Both of them said it was a stupid idea. Imagine my surprise on Sunday while walking dogs: there is a beautiful little book share spot on 1st street, and a sharing fruit stand. If u are down in lower HPP take a look.
I love it!
I love this! I have a corner lot in Eden Roc and this is on my list of things to do once I'm on island full time! I'm going to have to put it in the lot a bit though as the stop sign keeps getting plowed down. I'm going to roof it with old tires! Every time I see one of the little libraries I smile!

"One day there, madam, is worth one year of common existence," David Douglas
"One day there, madam, is worth one year of common existence," David Douglas
I love the idea of the Little Library’s. There is actually a website to post where your library is located so others can find it. None on BI I can find but some on Oahu - https://littlefreelibrary.org. I also love the fruit stands, wish there were more on the BI as I enjoy them on Maui.
Stacey
Living the life in Cali and Hawai‘i
Does this little lending library include kids books? I have some from when I watched a kiddo and the reuse center didn't want books...

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
I noticed Spinnelli's Star girl (or something like that) which my kids read in elementary school. They also had magazines. I will go down today and see, if the rain lets up....