Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lava Community Meeting and UPDATE (Jen Ruggles)
https://mailchi.mp/hawaiicounty/lava-com...62a5fc2d6d

LAVA ERUPTION RESOURCE UPDATE
Please share with affected family and friends

I had the opportunity to speak with USGS HVO representative and scientist Kauahikaua who described how the lava is building up in Leilani and will probably continue.The lava image shows how this fissure has already take one house and power line. Anyone in Leilani or Lanipuna Gardens must evacuate as dangerous concentrations of hydrogen sulfide are being released, thus traffic into the subdivision is also being prohibited. If you have specific questions please contact the Office of Civil Defense at 935-0031

Emergency Community Meeting
Every County Department will be Represented
When: Tonight, 5/4/18
Time: 5:30pm
Place: Pahoa Community Center

PETS (free shelters)
- Anyone with pets in some sort of container can take them to Pahoa Community Center if you are sheltering there.
- If you don’t have a container or are not staying at the shelter contact Mo at the Parks and Recreation Department to find a shelter for your pet at 557-7937.There are 2 options 1) The Equestrian Center and 2) The State Department of Ag Quarantine Station. You will need to take care of the food and water for your pets.
- We are compiling people volunteering their private properties and homes for a few pets at a time. Please contact my office 808-961-8263.

LIVESTOCK (free shelters)
- Cynthia McDonald has 8 acres of big fenced pasture in Kea’au she is donating to take in up to 200 cattle and horses. You can reach her at 968-8325.
- Contact Mo 557-7937 to explore your options for either the 1) The Equestrian Center and 2) The State Department of Ag Quarantine Station. You will need to take care of the food and water for your pets.

TRANSPORTATION
- UBER is providing free rides to and from Keaau and Pahoa community center for those needing rides, please use the promocode "PUNASAFE" when you book the ride.

SUPPLY DONATIONS
- We need tents, tarps, cell phone chargers, blankets, pillows, first aid kits, snacks, animal cages, diapers, and money. Anyone willing to donate supplies call 808-935-0031 and ask for “Kelsey” who is the main coordinator of supplies at Civil Defense.

MONEY DONATIONS
Anyone willing to donate money can do so here:

HOUSING
I encourage everyone who is OFFERING or NEEDS an extra room or house to create an account at couchsurfing.com
We are also compiling a list of people who say they have any extra room or ‘ohana, so can also contact my office at 961-8263.

VOLUNTEERS
The civil defense office informed me they are not accepting volunteers at this time.
Lava Evacuation Update:

SEE THE POST ON THE 2018 EMERGENCY FORUM. THE LOCATION CHANGED.