Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting for discussing ecological issues
I'm willing to steward a group meeting regularly for the purpose of networking, finding friends of like mind, and aggressively moving forward to counter the threats to our island and our global climate. If the consensus becomes that it cannot be countered, then we will examine the best ways to weather it.

Let's call the date the FIRST FRIDAY of each month, and for starts we can have it at my place. At 6:00. It's small, and still a bit of a construction project, and far out of town. But, it's a place to start. I'd be very happy to pack it to the gills with motivated people.

If you send me an e-mail at oarclub@hotmail.com and tell me why you're not a nut case I'll be happy to send directions. If you're concerned that I'M a nut case, which may be a more prevalent opinion than I suspect, you can check out my copious and loudmouthed opinions at:

http://www.oarclub.org
http://www.commonstrike.blogspot.com

Or read the reviews of my latest book, "Sea-Steading" on Amazon. Don't buy it, I'll give you a copy, or burn a CD. I give that stuff away.

Anybody who is simply interested in green building is welcome as well. Same rules apply.

The number one threat to Hawaii isn't invasive species, or global warming for that matter, but selfish entitlement. This is the core of what we must change.
JW -

I just read a few of your blog posts (adding another blog to my bookmarks). When I come back to Puna for good, I'd like to have a discussion with you about something else, a project that is "Green" for the environment and could make a buck or two, as you seem like a pretty creative person.

-------
Today in History:
Mauna Loa erupts, 1867
Sure, and thanks: I'm in to most anything constructive.
Sorry, the punaweb replies get sent to junk e-mail address and I've lost a few. . .

oarclub@hotmail.com is the preferred contact.

Jay