Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
solar farms: where are the Protectors?
"Where? I went looking and didn't see nearly a one of them pesky critters?"

Years ago one wit referred to them as CAVE - Citizens Against Virtually Everything.
It's time to trot out this little gem from the movie Horse Feathers, Groucho Marx singing "Whatever It Is I'm Against It." The patron saint of CAVE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMV44yoXZ0
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by MarkD

"Where? I went looking and didn't see nearly a one of them pesky critters?"

Years ago one wit referred to them as CAVE - Citizens Against Virtually Everything.

Yeah but leilanidude was pointing to a specific article implying we'd find specific instances in which they were congregating. And, I went there and read the article which made no mention of such a thing. So I was wondering what specifically leilanidude is alluding to? Other than a possible fondness for making generalizations about make believe mumbo jumbo, I haven't a clue as to what he thinks he saw at the link he provided. Which speaks of 20 people getting together and a speaker sharing some info. I guess folks like PaulW, who knows so much more about those kinds of things than I do, can explain it to us.. or maybe leilanidude?
After reading that article I could feel the pain of the cave people, desperately searching for a reason to stop progress. Every time they thrusted, evil Big Solar parried. Successfully for now, but the mob will be back. Maybe the anti-science crowd here can help us out by predicting what angle of attack will be the eventual favored one. Endangered bacteria? Holy dust? Electrothermal radiation?
See, what I tell you? PaulW comes through. And I had no idea he is psychic? But behold.. he could "feel the pain" of some folks that live in caves. Wow, I am impressed. I wonder where, pray tell, that cave is? I mean, being an avid (only a hobbyist) spelunker, I love exploring any new cave I hear about. Though I suspect Paul's going to keep this one secret being it is home to the rare, and endangered, anti-everythingers. Maybe not? One can hope, right?
No mention of my female relatives or my lower body parts. Well done, glindakine, the medication seems to be working!
Concerns expressed and addressed. I don't think it will be protested or held up in any way.
Agreed. I didn’t read anything else into the article either.