Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Lava Recovery Council Resolutions
The Hawaii County Council passed three resolutions this week that address the 2018 lava flow in Puna.

1) A temporary road
2) Strategy, plans, management of funding and goals
3) Seven new positions for Harry Kim to fill

Res. 270-19 grants $28,000 from Hawai‘i County to Malama O Puna for road recovery. The grant funds will be used to establish a temporary road for residents and farmers from Malama Ki to access lava-locked farms and homes when it was lost in May 2018.

Res. 271-19 adopts the interim recovery strategy regarding the 2018 K#299;lauea eruption, establishing a plan for interim recovery efforts, including management of funding sources, spending, and goals and objectives for restoring economy, housing and infrastructure.

Res. 263-19 authorizes Mayor Harry Kim to enter into four-year employment contracts with an option for additional extensions for seven positions to support the 2018 K#299;lauea eruption recovery efforts.

https://bigislandnow.com/2019/09/08/hawa...solutions/

If you're one of the many Puna residents still affected by the 2018 lava flow, the County's best offer this week is to put in an application for one of those seven job openings. Good luck.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
support the 2018 Kilauea eruption recovery efforts

I don't see a deliverable here. When do we get "recovery" instead of just "strategy ... plan ... goals ... objectives ..."?

Better question: why aren't the evacuees simply occupying Leilani? Isn't that how things are done now?