Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La Niña, A Rainy Winter?
With the current La Niña weather pattern, we’ve had a drier than normal summer, cooler ocean temperatures, and thankfully a lot less hurricanes in the eastern and central Pacific.

What about the next six months?  Forecasters predict a wetter than average winter season.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/10/16...ge-winter/
Bring it!
I'm ready. My HPP dirt road has been emitting vast amounts of dust the last few weeks, and Frau Chunkster has been emitting lots of Germanic expletives as a result of the extra cleaning needed.
vast amounts of dust ...
... lots of Germanic expletives 

Sehr drecklich?
HOTPE: We've move past drecklich and are now in schrecklich territory. And don't ask what she plans to do with the neighbor's kids if the container ships stop coming.
It's been hard on us German Americans having no Oktoberfest this year.

Maybe this will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3HzTjPonOU
The accordion guy and the trombonist in terracore's video look like two of Frau Chunkster's brothers. BTW, the lyrics can be interpreted or misinterpreted in a number of interesting ways. Thanks, we needed that!
Wie gehts - ich habe einen österreichischen Hintergrund, keinen deutschen, aber ich stimme diesen Nachrichten zu.

It's so many years since I last spoke German, and when I did I learned it with an Austrian dialect given half my family comes from there. To my eternal disgrace, I failed German at school - it was the only subject I received a failing grade. So please forgive my attempt above.

Anyway, my own personal feeling is climate change is now happening so quickly that I don't know if we can really predict the effects of La Nina. The last one we had didn't do what was expected, at least on the mountain. It'll be interesting to see what happens. We'll obviously get more rain, it's winter, after all, the question for me is whether we see more flooding events or less.
Tom: Der österreichische und der schweizerische Dialekt sind etwas unterschiedlich, aber der bayerische ist am schwersten zu verstehen. They say the mainstream German taught in schools had to be invented so they wouldn't have to print 40 odd versions of the Bible.

Getting back on topic, it's raining right now. Imagine that in Puna.