Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELLCO and Big Island Tree Services
They were trimming trees under the lines this morning and after they left I noticed that rather than cutting and removing them, they just cut them, falling about 20' into our property and smashing down our livestock fence.  We're lucky we didn't lose any livestock.  Of course I didn't realize this until after they left.

So I went out looking for them and they were already gone.  I looked up their phone number and explained what happened and told them they needed to come out and clean up the mess and fix the fence.

As I was driving home I saw their truck on Aulii so I was able to confront them.  Their foreman had already called them and they explained it was the "other truck" and the other truck was on their way back to fix it.

So the moral of the story is if they are trimming anything near your property, go out and micromanage them or else you might get stuck with a huge mess and property damage.
explained it was the "other truck"

And probably the early shift, not the guys now working on the late shift.
Well they came back and cleaned up the mess they made as best they could and pulled the fence up, but a 5' section of the fence was MISSING. Where did it go? I can only assume it got ground up with the trees they pulled out of our yard. Granted, this fence needed to be replaced 10 years ago so I don't have a misled perception of lost value but I did have to spend some time patching it up.

The thing I can't grasp is why they would think they could get away with it. Like I wouldn't notice a bunch of trees that used to be in the easement were now on our property and our fence was down? I have drone footage taken after they dumped trees on our property. Hard to argue with facts like that.