Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hawaiian’s First 787!
after the third time, and I wasn't trying to be difficult, I simply asked if they could

This would have made the “I’ll have what she’s having” scene in When Harry Met Sally a lot longer, but even more intriguing!
terracore's stories about bad luck here are legendary. The thing aboiut them is that have all been perfectly believable!

(06-14-2024, 11:38 PM)terracore Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 09:29 AM)TomK Wrote: I have a flight booked on a Hawaiian 787 in November. I'll give a brief review after the flight.

(06-14-2024, 03:06 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: ETA: Please define who is “we” and “us”. It’s hard to keep track without a scorecard!

terracore is the guy you see walking under a ladder and then tripping over the black cat in front of him resulting in him smashing a mirror. Wink

It's true my luck seems to run in one direction.  It's a bit of a running joke among people who know me especially if there is any dining out.  There is always a 90% chance that either they don't have what I try to order, I receive the wrong thing, or there is something seriously wrong with it beyond being bland (for example, food that is supposed to be hot, being frozen in the middle).  

I remember one poor waiter coming back to the table after we ordered and was embarrassed to tell me that they were out of whatever it was ( I have long forgotten) so I ordered something else, and a few minutes later, came back even more embarrassed that they were ALSO out of that.  Well you probably know where this is headed, after the third time, and I wasn't trying to be difficult, I simply asked if they could tell me what they DO have, instead of me playing menu-whack-a-mole.  With 100% confidence he told me that he had already spoke with the kitchen and they were absolutely sure that with the exception of the three things I tried to order, they definitely could make anything else on the menu.

Wrong!  Bland and wrong!

Just like the cheese shop.

https://youtu.be/Hz1JWzyvv8A?si=oXy2yiXpAT-62ZPV