Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leather?
Oh thanks Makuu sorry to over step there! Wow. So how long have you been riding?

mella l

NO really? Assume the best and or the backward and accept it!
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
KathyH In that case I'd recover them. I did some reconditioning of a pair of leather chairs that belonged to Brett Weston, the photographer. They were what looked like buffalo hides and were cracking like dry cardboard. That Lexol works pretty good but a product I found in France, from the oil off ducks, (don't ask me i didn't ask them) but it works like mink oil, only better. You shouldn't use plant oil on hides only animal oil. Like if you brain tan a hide it will last longer than if you chemically tan it.
Plant oil on leather will turn rancid.

mella?
"Oh thanks Makuu sorry to over step there! Wow. So how long have you been riding?"
huh?

Any fool can make a rule, and Every fool will follow it. -- Henry David Thoreau

Thank you Maku'u! I would love your generous gift. My husband has something similar (I think larger) under the bike cover...seems to keep the rust at bay for him too.

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Where are you carrie? I go into town tomorrow, maybe I can drop it off, if you are along the way.

Any fool can make a rule, and Every fool will follow it. -- Henry David Thoreau