Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USPS possible Hawaii Post Office closures
The Post Office is considering closing approx. 3,700 post offices nationally.

None are listed on the Big Island.

Here are the four Hawaiian offices listed for possible closure:

UPTOWN HONOLULU 96817
HANAMAULU LIHUE 96766
KALAUPAPA KALAUPAPA 96742
KAPOLEI STATION KAPOLEI 96707
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I don't think it would be a good idea to ask the counter folks about online shipping these days.

aloha,
pog

Maybe they could transfer someone to the Hilo PO so it doesn't take an hour in line to pick up a package from your box like it does now.
I am surprised at Kapolei as that office isnt very old relatively speaking.
Agree with Cat. And, that community is STILL growing. We still own a property in Kapolei and had revisited it several months ago. Definitely is the, "Second City" on O'ahu.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Rambler, what times you going ? .. Not including Christmas time, even a busy day is 20 minutes max and when the line is long, they always have someone announce pick ups only.

aloha,
pog
I've been there several times around either 10 or 2 (deliberately avoiding lunchtime) when it's taken 30 minutes to an hour; often only one person at the window and people taking an unbelievable amount of time. Last time they did finally announce pickups just as I got to the front of the line, and I found that what I was expecting to be an important package was a commercial phone book. Grrr...
Hi Rambler,

Just dawned on me that we are probably talking about two different locations ...

I have been talking about Hilo on way to airport ... I bet you are talking about downtown yeah ? Apologies for confusion and I would tend to agree with you ... I avoid DT and go only if I have to send something after 12:30 on a Saturday.

aloha,
pog
Yes, I was talking about downtown; I do go to the airport to mail things, but didn't realize it was so much quicker when I got a box!