Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
Dear Slow Walker,

Having suffered all the previous HPP road maintenance threads on PW, including this one, I can summarise the responses you might expect:

1) Go away, do you even live here?

2) Why not just attend a membership meeting and make a difference?

3) Don't you live on a paved road? What are you complaining about?

4) Where do you live?

5) You are a communist;

6) Or a witch;

7) You're Jo;

8) Or a board member;

9) Or someone who disagrees with my opinion.

I fell asleep when thinking about no. 10.

You forgot this one....
10) And you've shown up right on cue. Do you have endless financial resources to pour into the chip seal money pit? Most of us don't.

Here's
11) There are plenty of other threads for you to enjoy on Punatalk. I see that you are very active on most of them and have even started some...Discoveries of the telescope is a good one. No one has ever twisted your arm and forced you to read any HPP thread.
12. All the subdivisions got screwed (and are still getting screwed) by County, not just HPP.

13. HPP appears to have the most money and resources invested in not fixing their roads.

[quote]Originally posted by mermaid53

You forgot this one....
10) And you've shown up right on cue. Do you have endless financial resources to pour into the chip seal money pit? Most of us don't.

Here's
11) There are plenty of other threads for you to enjoy on Punatalk. I see that you are very active on most of them and have even started some...Discoveries of the telescope is a good one. No one has ever twisted your arm and forced you to read any HPP thread.

I rarely respond to any other thread unless it is agriculture related.
Never did any telescope stuff.

The road business in the subdivisions is an unwinnable situation unless and until the County and State want it to change.

Until then the residents will continue to fight each other and still really get nowhere.

HPP got a 12 million buck loan to pave all roads.They only could do about 20%. By the time the loan is paid off in 20years it will have cost you 22million.

Each side that comes to power thinks they are God who is going to open up the Sea and let Moses and his people drive their carriages thru to the promised land of golden brick roads and then drown their enemies with the flooding waters.

Its the same old story in about all subdivisions.

It just breeds anger in the community. That is why I make fun of the the stuffs that have been tried and continue to fail.

Our problems lie with the County and State,and no subdivision has the money to fight them.

Only possible chance is to get together all the subdivisions to put our money together to fight the State and County over the roads.
Slow Walker
Only possible chance is to get together all the subdivisions to put our money together to fight the State and County over the roads.

Either that, or a few thousand "valuation challenges" to County RPT -- road access is a factor in assessed valuation. If the roads aren't really viable (due to lack of maintenance despite mandatory dues paid) then the property shouldn't be worth as much.

Example: lots in Hawaiian Acres are worth about 50% more if they're on (paved) Road 8.
I sure hope HPP gets this issue fixed before it gets out of control!

When a corporation's association members are kept in the dark ages strategically by the majority board regarding HPP business and OUR money, it's already out of control. There's physical proof they can't deny and reveals somethings gone awry when we look at the neglected condition of our roads and easements.

Does anyone out there avoid Makuu and Paradise, if they have that option, when it's dark and esp when you add rain? Road maintenance fees are also for striping and reflectors but I've heard them say, they'll get to it over time when they find the $. If road striping and reflectors used to be on our roads, and isn't now, then it needs to be replaced=road maintenance. Road maint takes precedence. This goes back to storm Iselle days..2 1/2 yrs now, and they still can't find the $$$ to fix hazardous road conditions on well traveled roads? Oh right, it's going towards the CS money pit... it begs the question...is someone making $$$ off this?

If this was only about our roads and easements being somewhat behind on maintenance, it'd be a sigh of relief. This is about our roads and easements looking the worst it ever has, reps brazenly breaking bylaws and policies, and strategically hiding detailed financial information, which again begs the question.... what are they hiding?

Their defiance and contempt towards members that ask questions about OUR $$$$ is as if they're entitled as board reps...NO We're entitled to get what we pay for. That's the agreement which has been in place ever since this corporation was founded.

Appendix C "I promise to uphold the Bylaws, policies and procedures of HPPOA........"
Appendix D "I understand the responsibilities and duties for the office of_____ and am willing and able to carry out those duties to the best of my abilities and to uphold the Bylaws, policies, and procedures of HPPOA."
Does anyone out there avoid Makuu and Paradise, if they have that option, when it's dark and esp when you add rain?

No, I don't.

"Only fear real things, such as minds full of delusions." -Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I rarely respond to any other thread unless it is agriculture related.
Never did any telescope stuff.

Slow Walker, I wasn't referring to you....
I don't own property in HPP, I live in Orchidland (not on a paved road). I follow this thread because of the striking similarities. When I post something that is intended to be helpful, like my last post, but is really just a band-aid for a broken leg, I am taken seriously. You have never, and will never hear me complain about the condition of the roads. My issue is with the mechanism that keeps the feud perpetual. When I have offered that the feuding sides should come together and take the fight to the County and State, I am generally met with "that will take too long" or "that will cost too much" or, my favorite head in the sand response, "that's getting old". It seems that most people enjoy the war. They are not interested in a solution that will get the associations out of the road business, thus eliminating the root source of the war and the mismanagement. Slow Walker is correct, in his own abstract way, that "this road crap will continue to flare out of control for many many moons."
It seems that most people enjoy the war.

I'm sure County thinks this is just fine. Less work for them, that way.