Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
quote:
Originally posted by reni

"Which is why there's a Bylaw Committee cinching up those loops and making the laws more black and white. Many of our current issues are bc of these gray areas that need more precise language."
M, how can you continue to remain optimistic about cleaning up the vague areas of our by-laws, like that will make a difference, fix things, when our volunteer boards can't or won't even follow the laws that are as plain as day?
It's just all so nuts to go on like this. WE NEED PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT.....FOR THE REASON OUR ASSOC. EXISTS..... OUR ROADS. You have given so much of your energy towards making things right but this is just nuts!! I doubt this board has the legal right to assess us for p.o. boxes but it's like, who cares about the law any more in this society????? 3 of us????
$150.00 per owner will mushroom into what? and the cluster continues.

Won't we need bylaws still with PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT??? If so, why not have improved bylaws? We'd still have to have a board in place too....that doesn't change bc of the bond. Board has less power but still will need to follow bylaws, right? Please weigh in....
quote:

"Which is why there's a Bylaw Committee cinching up those loops and making the laws more black and white. Many of our current issues are bc of these gray areas that need more precise language."
M, how can you continue to remain optimistic about cleaning up the vague areas of our by-laws, like that will make a difference, fix things, when our volunteer boards can't or won't even follow the laws that are as plain as day?
It's just all so nuts to go on like this. WE NEED PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT.....FOR THE REASON OUR ASSOC. EXISTS..... OUR ROADS. You have given so much of your energy towards making things right but this is just nuts!! I doubt this board has the legal right to assess us for p.o. boxes but it's like, who cares about the law any more in this society????? 3 of us????

It is definitely nuts by all definitions. Who is rewriting what? Who are the ones clarifying what? Oh, yes...a "Bylaw Committee".

jdo
jdo
quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

quote:

Won't we need bylaws still with PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT??? If so, why not have improved bylaws? We'd still have to have a board in place too....that doesn't change bc of the bond. Board has less power but still will need to follow bylaws, right? Please weigh in....

with all due respect, NO, WE DON'T NEED THE FRIGIN BYLAWS, NOR A BOARD THAT CANNOT HANDLE THE ONE TASK THEY HAVE TO MANAGE. If I don't have a properly maintained road to my properties it is safe to assume the bylaws only perpetuates mismanagement, and the Board is no longer needed.

A HOA is always a pain in the butt, why? Because, they never really work.No volunteer Board is ever capable to manage the association business well or fair UNLESS they have a professional management firm taking over every aspect of the association. We don't have a regular HOA , we only have a puny road association and the bylaws themselves allowed the problem we have at hand. As expected this little self protecting ambitious monster is allowed to exist by all homeowners, and will get even more out of hand. The post boxes are just a progression of this trend.

HPP has been an endless failure, accept it! Now we are hitting rock bottom,the whole thing it like a hoax. There has to be some true royal idiots on the Board to add the mailbox issue the same year they decide to raise the fees, AND after they have seriously turned our roads unsafe for transit. But Golly! we keep harping about the...bylaws?

What are you on?

Let me say this, some of us have made important investments in this clownish community, we were duped by everyone from the real estate brokers ,the Association and a County that is not worth shait. Some have been waiting forever to make a small profit and get out, because this is a very badly managed place with no end on sight. I can assure you that some folks are not taking kindly having the fees being raised when the roads are in the miserable shape. The bad news is that it will get more expensive with no added value in return.

This conversation has become childish and inane...it is nothing but an endless circular argument that goes nowhere. But, I guess folks would need to have their pockets picked a little bit more before they realize that talk is cheap and wishful thinking is worthless.

jdo
Originally posted by Johnd
....with all due respect, NO, WE DON'T NEED THE FRIGIN BYLAWS, NOR A BOARD THAT CANNOT HANDLE THE ONE TASK THEY HAVE TO MANAGE.

What are you on?

Let me say this, some of us have made important investments in this clownish community, we were duped by everyone from the real estate brokers ,the Association and a County that is not worth shait. Some have been waiting forever to make a small profit and get out, because this is a very badly managed place with no end on sight. I can assure you that some folks are not taking kindly having the fees being raised when the roads are in the miserable shape. The bad news is that it will get more expensive with no added value in return.

This conversation has become childish and inane...

Yes it has Johnd and you took us there...."With all due respect??? What am I on?" Didn't Obie just ask another poster the same nasty question?

It was anything but respectful. What makes you any different than me or anyone else who owns property in HPP? Your frustrations doesn't give you any entitlement to be disrespectful. We all have the same complaints, concerns and frustrations. We all handle them in our own way and it's not for you to criticize ME if I choose to work on our bylaws. I'm proud of what our committee is accomplishing.

Some just want to rant and do nothing, others want to rant and keep coughing up more $$$$ and pouring it into the black hole. What have you done? I haven't seen you at board mtgs. Do you have arrows in your back? Do you have THE solution to all of this? Let's hear it...
Welcome to HPP. Please be sure to wear the appropriate clothing at all times.

https://goo.gl/DmUbxC
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Welcome to HPP. Please be sure to wear the appropriate clothing at all times.

https://goo.gl/DmUbxC

Or... Change it from farmer to greenpeace to HPP association to HPP owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYhEFaSzUA

Slow Walker
Do you have THE solution to all of this?

It would be hilarious if it weren't so pitiful, but I'll make my pointless non-owner non-resident attempt.

The following have not worked:

- lawsuits
- new bylaws
- new board members
- paying anyway
- ranting on a forum
- complaints to government (County, State AG, etc)

This leaves:

- dissolve HPPOA and have nothing
- replace HPPOA with a professional management corporation
- sue County for creating the situation in the first place
- sue Realtors for misrepresenting the amenities
- sue HPPOA Board for misappropriation of funds

Opinion:

- HPP is too large to be managed by volunteers
- no HOA should be in charge of any infrastructure, period
- any lawsuit must be Federal so as to avoid the State/County "dis-involvement"

You may now all return to your endless circular argument.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

Do you have THE solution to all of this?

It would be hilarious if it weren't so pitiful, but I'll make my pointless non-owner non-resident attempt.

The following have not worked:

- lawsuits
- new bylaws
- new board members
- paying anyway
- ranting on a forum
- complaints to government (County, State AG, etc)

This leaves:

- dissolve HPPOA and have nothing
- replace HPPOA with a professional management corporation
- sue County for creating the situation in the first place
- sue Realtors for misrepresenting the amenities
- sue HPPOA Board for misappropriation of funds

Opinion:

- HPP is too large to be managed by volunteers
- no HOA should be in charge of any infrastructure, period
- any lawsuit must be Federal so as to avoid the State/County "dis-involvement"

You may now all return to your endless circular argument.

Well said. My opinions on the "leftovers":

"dissolve HPPOA and have nothing"
Not the best option because the community still needs representation for issues other than the roads.

"replace HPPOA with a professional management corporation"
Under current conditions yes, but not necessary or financially feasible if the "roads equation" is removed.

"sue Realtors for misrepresenting the amenities"
Costly, and win or lose you are back to square 1.

"sue HPPOA Board for misappropriation of funds"
This one should have been included in the "The following have not worked" column.

"sue County for creating the situation in the first place"
BINGO!!!

I also agree with your opinions as stated.
Not the best option because the community still needs representation for issues other than the roads.

How effective is the current representation?

I'll elaborate: no HOA should be in charge of any infrastructure, road maintenance needs to be driven by a professional management corporation who acts as a disinterested third party to implement a simple objective ("maintain the roads").

The (volunteer or otherwise) HOA should be dealing with things like "what color to paint the community center" and "meet with our County Council representative".

the road burden fee percentage recommended to the board.
This is being proposed to try and get a handle on the people tearing up our roads.

I would like to see extra road fees applied to fools who propose the transfer of conveniently located mailboxes which people can walk to (me), moving them to a location many miles away. This will result in increased wear and tear on roads for the hundreds of extra driving miles required every year just to pick up your mail. Multiplied by thousands of residents.

"Only fear real things, such as minds full of delusions." -Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves