Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
If the antivaxxers keep at it, there will be a lot fewer of them around c/o covid.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
So far we have Delta+, Lambda, and Mu, and those are just the ones prevalent enough to be named. - kalakoa

Actually Kalakoa, per The World Health Organization, there are currently 4 variants of concern & 5 variants of interest.  Each have names.

(09-07-2021, 02:32 AM)eightfingers2.0 Wrote: If the antivaxxers keep at it, there will be a lot fewer of them around c/o covid.

I'm sure Darwin would have had a more eloquent way of phrasing it, but isn't that what they call a silver lining? 

I think we could have whipped covid from the get go had we all been willing to cooperate. You know, wear a mask, love one another. All that hippy kine stuff. But no, the bozos among us had to go on about their selfish rights. So here we are, going the long haul. And yeah, hopefully enough of them will be culled so that when we do round the bend on this we'll be that much better for it.
“Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda, Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace, 1999
4 variants of concern & 5 variants of interest

Prevalent enough to be named in the mainstream media; I don't keep up with the latest journals.
You're quoting Yoda??!! REALLY??
"Misinformation leads to fear. Misinformation leads to hate. Misinformation leads to suffering." -- Yogi Bear.
Congratulations, Kimo. You are now one of a select few, officially muted on my feed.
Certainty will be the death of us.
(09-07-2021, 04:45 AM)kalianna Wrote: You're quoting Yoda??!!  REALLY?? 
"Misinformation leads to fear.  Misinformation leads to hate. Misinformation leads to suffering." -- Yogi Bear. 
Congratulations, Kimo.  You are now one of a select few, officially muted on my feed.

Well, in reality I was quoting George Lucas who was paraphrasing this recurring theme from all of the worlds great religions.   But I'm sure you already knew that.  You're smarter than the average bear.  A hui ho kalianna.  May you suffer no more.
(09-07-2021, 07:36 AM)Kimo1967 Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 04:45 AM)kalianna Wrote: You're quoting Yoda??!!  REALLY?? 
"Misinformation leads to fear.  Misinformation leads to hate. Misinformation leads to suffering." -- Yogi Bear. 
Congratulations, Kimo.  You are now one of a select few, officially muted on my feed.

Well, in reality I was quoting George Lucas who was paraphrasing this recurring theme from all of the worlds great religions.   But I'm sure you already knew that.  You're smarter than the average bear.  A hui ho kalianna.  May you suffer no more.

Yoda, George Lucas, and the world's greatest religions. Seriously? This is what you get when someone can't distinguish between religion, science fiction, and scientific reality. And in the meantime, we have AaronM making what appears as authoritative statements about Covid variants and vaccinations but won't back it up with evidence.

I wonder if the world's great religions prophesized the dangerous plague of the 21st century - conspiracy theorists and online fruitcakes.
Is it a conspiracy if the WHO says something? Are they the fruitcakes that you refer to?

I'm not really sure why you choose to play the role of the ostrich when it comes to the potential for these new variants to render the current vaccines obsolete.

I would expect that someone as staunchly pro vaccine as you would be at the forefront of advocating for the latest and greatest epidemiological response.
(09-07-2021, 04:45 AM)kalianna Wrote: Congratulations, Kimo.  You are now one of a select few, officially muted on my feed.

Take that Kimo - Muted!  

Oh the horror...