Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
We want our healthcare systems to be built up to the level needed to provide quality care to all of our ohana when the time comes.

In the meantime:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks HOTPE, I put a copy in my wallet.
(09-10-2021, 11:09 AM)TomK Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 04:16 PM)AaronM Wrote: Even if we reach 1M deaths it will still be a very small percentage. 

I understand that a lot of people posting here lately feel very vulnerable due to their age or their general health conditions like obesity or lung function. 

This vulnerability creates excessive anxiety and leads to snarky comments.  I wish you all the best and hope that your fears are not realized.

I think most people feel less vulnerable because they are vaccinated and are concerned about a virus that kills people. I suspect they are also aware that the unvaccinated are now overwhelming our health system. They are also aware that you don't give a toss about people or their families and friends by posting:

"Even if we reach 1M deaths it will still be a very small percentage."

Unfortunately, this is the selfishness, arrogance, dishonesty along with a lack of knowledge and empathy for their community that anti-vaxxers exhibit.
The Maui mayor calls anti-vaxxers "knuckleheads".  I think that word sums it up well.
(09-10-2021, 07:09 PM)AaronM Wrote: Thanks HOTPE, I put a copy in my wallet.

It's my experience that those who go on the most end up crying the most when they get a booboo. Bullies, brats, insecure wannabes, they all whine.

It's the nature of the beast. Insecurity is a pretty heady drug. It causes those so afflicted to have an unhealthy need to tell others how secure, how great, how much they know.. they are. Whether in words, or actions, it's all just bluster. 

Without knowing you one iota, other than through your posts here, I suspect you fit in with that crowd perfectly.

And still, luckily for you, and for all of those of your ilk, our healthcare system excuses folks of such folly. It's like you get to have your cake and eat it too. Pretty cool, eh?
Frau Chunkster, like many Germans, can be both practical and sardonic at the same time. This is her solution for the anti-vaxxers taking up valuable space in ERs and ICUs. I'm translating it from the rather more colorful German she used:

"Leave them in the parking lot with enough morphine and water to keep them comfortable along with clear instructions on how much would make a lethal dose. And that's all they get."
(09-10-2021, 09:31 PM)MyManao Wrote: Without knowing you one iota, other than through your posts here, I suspect you fit in with that crowd perfectly.
Since I know this man, I can say that he does not fit in that category. Your statement smacks of projection.
You people are toxic in your vitriol over some people refusing to be subjects of medical experiments with the rest of the crowd. Especially since they have pierced the eye of the needle and now have natural immunity to it.
Kander, getting the vaccines is no more a medical experiment than getting any of a number of Covid variants. Latest data says you're 11 times more likely to die of Covid if unvaccinated. We still don't know what the long-term effects of Covid are either, though studies have already shown diminished cognitive capacity and lung scarring.
No worries Kander, I have no idea what he/she/they accused me of since I don't see their posts.
(09-10-2021, 11:14 PM)randomq Wrote: Kander, getting the vaccines is no more a medical experiment than getting any of a number of Covid variants. Latest data says you're 11 times more likely to die of Covid if unvaccinated. We still don't know what the long-term effects of Covid are either, though studies have already shown diminished cognitive capacity and lung scarring.

Are you trying to say that we have been using mRNA vaccines for the past 100 years or, is it possible that this methodology is the first time they have actually used this en masse?

oThe Spike Protein which causes the inflammatory response is also created in the mechanism of the vaccine to trigger the immune response. Its the inflammatory response that seems to be the issue with lung, heart and brain damages.  long term we dont know either but, I would bet that any government that thinks that everyone must get the vax even those with previous immunity (which studies have shown are more resistive to new strains) is not about health and safety but advocating for pharma instead.

Studies also have come out in the lancet that say CV vaccine recipients have 250X higher viral load of delta in their mucus membranes than non vaccinated. Why the hell would vaccinated people show a viral load 250x higher than non vaccinated? whats up with that?
(09-11-2021, 12:02 AM)kander Wrote: Studies also have come out in the lancet that say CV vaccine recipients have 250X higher viral load of delta in their mucus membranes than non vaccinated. Why the hell would vaccinated people show a viral load 250x higher than non vaccinated? whats up with that?

From: https://www.reuters.com/article/factchec...SL1N2PX1HH

Study did not find vaccinated healthcare workers carry 251 times the viral load of those who were unvaccinated

Social media users are sharing articles that discuss a study examining the transmission of the Delta variant of COVID-19 and falsely claiming the study found that fully vaccinated healthcare workers carry 251 times the viral load compared of those who are unvaccinated.

Many of the posts share an article posted by the anti-vaccine campaign group Children’s Health Defense on Aug. 23, 2021 with the headline: “Study: Fully Vaccinated Healthcare Workers Carry 251 Times Viral Load, Pose Threat to Unvaccinated Patients, Co-Workers.” The subheading says the study found that “vaccinated individuals carry 251 times the load of COVID-19 viruses in their nostrils compared to the unvaccinated.”

This, however, was not the premise of the study. Rather, it sought to compare viral loads among workers with Delta variant vs previous variants of SARS-CoV-2.

The paper examines breakthrough infections in healthcare workers in Vietnam, all of whom contracted the Delta variant after receiving the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.

The paper does not conclude that fully vaccinated healthcare workers carry 251 times the viral load of the virus compared to unvaccinated healthcare workers. Rather, it concludes that “viral loads of breakthrough Delta variant infection cases were 251 times higher than those of cases infected with old strains detected between March-April 2020....”

If you're interested you can read the entire article at the link above.