Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
(10-16-2021, 04:57 PM)kander Wrote: Half the country is not going to take it...

Half the country, eh?

Is that something you heard on FB, Twitter? Fox? Like, literal, what echo chamber do you favor? 

Or, by chance, is this the comics? Good ol’ Dilbert ’n Kander..
Primary difference here is that you believe there will be no long term effects, I say Maybe

How about: long-term side effects of the vaccine are "less bad" than long-term effects of COVID?

The only person who knows why you moved to Hawaii is you.

It's rhetorical; I certainly didn't expect the level of ineptitude and corruption that is the cost of doing business here. As to the vaccination hysteria, I've realized that it's a choice -- I don't have to participate, and I'm probably better off just tuning the whole thing out.

Yesterday was the first anniversary of Safe Travels; they plan to keep it "at least through the holidays" because it "makes Hawaii safe". Announcements such as these make it easier and easier to plan my future.

Well this might explain a few things.

https://www.civilbeat.org/beat/depressed...ster-shot/

The CDC has added some mental illnesses to its list of underlying conditions that can increase a person’s risk of becoming severely ill with Covid-19.
Maybe because post vax sickness in individuals seems to be highly suspect. 

Every drug manufactured (and naturally occurring) has side effects.  Short term and/or long term.  Any expectation that the COVID vaccine would be different, with absolutely no side effects is magical thinking.  

If this is "just like" any other vax then it works and provides you with a robust immunity to the disease...

No it’s not.  No medicine or vaccine is exactly like all the others.  To ask that they are is placing invisible, pretend goal posts at the end of the field, which only certain people can see.

More and more doctors are either insane, 

Doctors have reported vaccine side effects?  Doctors have also reported side effects from placebo in clinical trials.  
The real question is, how serious are reported reactions real or imagined, and in how large a portion of the population?  
There is also a question of whether fear of the unknown is greater than fear of the known.  We know over 700,000 Americans have died from covid.  I have not heard of any deaths from the vaccine but there may be a small number (unkown).

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/does-v...9-vaccines
Before Covid, during that particularly bad flu season a few years ago, I got vaccinated. It is not 100% effective, requires boosters, and sometimes has short term side effects like arm pain, headache, etc. But the reason I got it was not to protect me, but elderly relatives I was visiting on the mainland. What kind of ass would I be if I put my temporary discomfort or fear of a vaccine ahead of protecting my family?
Kander: And what the hell difference does it make? if you have a working vaccine, then it should not matter if anyone else besides you gets vaccinated.

This is where your argument falls apart.  If you, and any other person who refuses to get vaccinated, would also refuse to go a hospital after contracting covid but stay at home with your illness, it would be a different scenario.  But when the same people who argue against the medical science behind the vaccines run/crawl to a hospital to get treated ,  clog our limited resources , and deny other people medical care due to lack of staff and space, your words become myopic prattle.  Earlier, I've written on this forum about my friend whose surgery to remove a tumor was delayed because all the ICU beds on Oahu were taken by non-vaccinated covid people.  He is now scheduled to fly to Honolulu this Tuesday, 10 weeks later than originally planned.  The suffering, the anxiety, that he, his family, his friends have endured, are "the hell difference" you choose to ignore.  And the long-term worries that you are so concerned about: my friend is weaker and will take longer to recover, and now we all wonder and wait to learn if it metastasize during the 10 week delay.
Hawaii has always had limited medical resources. Wait times were not good before Covid. If you are need of healthcare, Hawaii is not the place to be.
Hawaii has always had limited medical resources.

So you would argue that when something has been pushed beyond capacity it's OK, people can suffer, wait, put off surgery for a life threatening condition because the previous functioning capacity wasn't so great either?
(10-16-2021, 11:15 PM)AaronM Wrote: Hawaii has always had limited medical resources.  Wait times were not good before Covid.  If you are need of healthcare, Hawaii is not the place to be.
People don't go to hospital for "health care", they go there for acute conditions or operations.  Most hospital visits are brief in duration.  Part of the problem with the burden from Covid patients is that they typically need to be there longer than for the average hospital stay.
(10-16-2021, 04:57 PM)kander Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 02:54 PM)TomK Wrote: Your answer was "maybe?".
Primary difference here is that you believe there will be no long term effects, I say Maybe because post vax sickness in individuals seems to be highly suspect.
And what the hell difference does it make? if you have a working vaccine, then it should not matter if anyone else besides you gets vaccinated. If this is "just like" any other vax then it works and provides you with a robust immunity to the disease, just like measles, or small pox or any other vaccine we have been using for decades.
At the end of the day what I say doesn't mean shit, well except to you because you keep coming back to engage in a circular argument.

Half the country is not going to take it. no matter what kind of burgers, lottery tickets, threats etc are given.

More and more doctors are either insane, or maybe they are on to something. here is another fascinating work of fiction. https://amgreatness.com/2021/10/06/world...of-terror/

Your previous response was "maybe?", i.e., with a question mark. That strongly suggests you don't have any evidence to back up your hypothesis that vaccinations are more dangerous than Covid. As Rob pointed out, we now have over 700,000 deaths in the US alone due to Covid. How many deaths have been caused by the vaccines? In Hawaii, we're approaching one thousand deaths from Covid. How many deaths in Hawaii have been caused by vaccinations?

And quite frankly, the https://amgreatness.com/2021/10/06/world...of-terror/ page is just another piece of quackery that is so common these days. A global plot to create a new world order? Seriously? That is all-out cultist nonsense. Does this mean previous pandemics were also plots to take over the world or just this one? Right now the only plot seems to be that idiots take over the world.

(10-16-2021, 11:15 PM)AaronM Wrote: Hawaii has always had limited medical resources.  Wait times were not good before Covid.  If you are need of healthcare, Hawaii is not the place to be.

Simple question. Who puts an even greater strain on Hawaii's healthcare system? Vaccinated or unvaccinated people?