Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
"I can and still do travel, eat in restaurants and attend all manner of public entertainment and sporting events."

Yeah, and that's the reason I DON'T...
Your right to travel unmolested

Would you define molested?  Is asking you to wear a mask molestation?  Is requiring a TB test to work in a restaurant around food that other people will eat molestation?
Not to mention having a full body x-ray, taking your shoes off, having your luggage searched... golly gee, thereʻs molestation EVERYWHERE!!
Certainty will be the death of us.
(10-17-2021, 09:46 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Your right to travel unmolested

Would you define molested?  Is asking you to wear a mask molestation?  Is requiring a TB test to work in a restaurant around food that other people will eat molestation?
Show us your papers. As far as masking is concerned, even the cdc says they 'may' but it could provide the wearer with a false sense of protection. so why are we doing it again? Never mind just comply. https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article
Unless its a respirator, its a 'may'; not 'will' provide protection.

TB is a bit different than covid. 10% of the population is considered to have latent TB, but you didnt see people running around in their cars by themselves with masks on in fear of catching it. 1.5million people per year die from it too. Maybe not relevant but its interesting. And hey, I see no reason for someone to object to a covid test before getting employment.
seriously doubt that the emergency power proclamations will ever be allowed to expire

This seems to be a Hawaii problem which would be solved by living elsewhere. Perhaps a place that doesn't govern by retaliation, or extort $12B from people for a "transportation project".

TB is a bit different than covid

Only in that the vaccination and testing is considered acceptable for one, and not the other.
Quote:Would you define molested?
Show us your papers.

So you refuse to provide TSA and the airline with your driver's license or passport, name, photo, address, date of birth, driver's license number, social security number... did I miss anything?
(10-17-2021, 11:44 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote:
Quote:Would you define molested?
Show us your papers.

So you refuse to provide TSA and the airline with your driver's license or passport, name, photo, address, date of birth, driver's license number, social security number... did I miss anything?
Explain how showing your passport is the equivalency of providing medical information?
Explain how showing your passport is the equivalency of providing medical information?

Invisible goalposts which only you can see.
What I don’t understand is the concept of anyone thinking their medical info is really “secret”.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
Proof of vaccination is required to attend public schools, and to work in certain jobs.

Vaccination status is not "medical information". Disclosure of same by you is not a "HIPAA violation" because you are not a "covered entity". (Neither is the State, nor the airline, nor the restaurant...)

It's all a pointless argument; there will always be some people who don't believe the rules apply to them, or who believe the rules are invalid, or that the rules have somehow overstepped some magical line. Reality is, living in a society requires some compromise, we can't all do whatever we want all the time.

At this point I would settle for some full disclosure: if the restrictions are permanent, and we will always have Safe Travels, please let me know so I can use this information to help decide whether I still want to live here. Being self-employed means I don't have to stay for my job. It also means the money goes with me if I leave.