Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo Skate .. One push Closer.
https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/202...ark-mulled

Check it out. Stoked as these peeps working a LONG time.

Ayeoh Aaron .. BMX and Velo here we come.
Not even in my wildest dreams will I pay money to access the Trib.
Ok and agree, link I post no need. Just swipe left.

Hope you can see and read normally soon.

aloha,
'elepaio
Note that it's being "mulled", which is a polite way of saying "no action taken", long way to go (consultants, funding, land-use).
I am not a subscriber to the Trib, but when I clicked on the link there was a banner at the top of the page regarding subscriber exclusives. After another click to learn more, one of the available options was a free account sign up so you could access 10 premium stories a month for free. I don't have a clue as to what makes a story 'premium, but I was able to read about the skate park for free.
Wahine

Lead by example
Gleam that cube baby!
Wao,
Did the article have a budget for the skate park?
(12-12-2021, 03:37 AM)Rob Tucker Wrote: Wao,
Did the article have a budget for the skate park?
From the article:

'Asked for an estimate of construction costs, Shapiro replied “about $75 a square foot.” That translates to $750,000 for a 10,000-square-foot park and $1.125 million for a 15,000-square-foot facility.'

He also presented photos of more modest and accessible designs in the 10,000- to 15,000-square-foot range.

Micah Shapiro is the CEO of Grindline, a Seattle company that has built about a 100 skatepark nationwide.
Wahine

Lead by example
Mahalo.

We had a budget of $50k for the Pahoa Skate Park.
(12-12-2021, 04:17 AM)Rob Tucker Wrote: Mahalo.

We had a budget of $50k for the Pahoa Skate Park.
The article also discusses fundraising for the park.   Once 20% of the funds are raised the Tony Hawk Foundation could be approached.  That foundation provides grants for skateparks in underserved communities.
Wahine

Lead by example