Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to stay in Kona?
(05-01-2022, 05:39 AM)HawaiiEV Wrote: It’s just a resort, not sure I would call it fake Hawaii. Sure people visiting from the mainland aren’t experiencing a real beach, but not sure I would prefer them being on the real beach. A lot of people on this side who live in the real Hawaii everyday enjoy a staycation there, especially for the kids.

Lots of people here also like going to Vegas. I wonder what that says about the "real" Hawaii.
The "real" Hawaii is still littering the Mauna Kea Access Road, because protecting the aina is so very important.
I don’t know what to say, you all have some real issues. Must be difficult living in a place you aren’t from and hating the people so much. Sounds lonely.
(05-01-2022, 06:10 PM)kalakoa Wrote: The "real" Hawaii is still littering the Mauna Kea Access Road, because protecting the aina is so very important.
Nah that's just another offshoot of fake Hawaii. Real Hawaii thinks those guys are bozos. It's only because of wokeness disorder that they get any attention.
I don't hate them; they hate me, even though I personally didn't do anything.

Wokeness was fine until they weaponized it.

I seriously hope everyone gets their wish that nothing more be developed ever. No telescopes, no resorts, no affordable housing. No more anything.

Starting with this thread.
[this space available for development]
I think you should try reaching out, they don’t hate you, they might have preconceived notions, most likely reenforced by what can be read here. I find differences with our neighbors and other folks politically tend to become distorted when we stay in our head. The solution is to go talk to them, they don’t actually hate you and those here shouldn’t hate them. They are different and that’s a good thing, maybe you can learn something. I feel nothing but love here and even when I don’t I have fun with it, benefit of being a pirate.
(05-01-2022, 06:35 PM)HawaiiEV Wrote: I don’t know what to say, you all have some real issues. Must be difficult living in a place you aren’t from and hating the people so much. Sounds lonely.

I'm curious why pointing out that a lot of people in Hawaii like to visit Vegas leads to an implication that I have issues. And please, no misdirection, you say we all have issues. My own observation is you have a real problem with generalization and creating scenarios that are untrue but that you can attack. I don't know why you do this, but you keep doing it.
The beaches they sell to build their hotels
My father's and I once knew
Birds all along sunlight at dawn
Singing Waikoloa blues
they don’t hate you, they might have preconceived notions, most likely reenforced 

Real world example:
I was at the Pahoa water station.  A group of young Hawaiian kids couldn't get their car started.  I tried to help them.  They were friendly and appreciative.  A middle aged Hawaiian dude came over, saw what I was doing, wouldn't say hello when I said hello to him, and gave me stink eye and daggers until I left.

Who didn't hate who?
Who lacked the Aloha spirit, which might be described as fake Hawaii, who was real Hawaii?
"The Hawaiians" do not all hold the same ideals, or act the same way.  Like scientists. Like everyone else.