Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive into boat harbor >>> Now hijacked to Gun Control thread
HiloJulie,
Just wanted mention that The First Rule Of Punaweb is posts should be Puna or Hawaii related. The Second Rule Of Punaweb is posts should be Puna or Hawaii related. Certain members will drag us into the weeds and before we know it we’re off island. Myself included.

Posting about guns is fine as long as it’s Hawaii related, like your comment about the Ocean View one man militia.
HOTPE

Guilty as charged!

I’ll try to do better in the future and will do my best not to feed the trolls.

At any event, the guy who shot his neighbor 3 times and had 23 guns and ammunition is still “released, pending investigation”

I’m only hoping that the police DID confiscate his guns as I’m pretty sure the investigation will continue for months. Not to be a rumor monger, but word is he has “connections” and money.
the investigation will continue for months

One month per gun, on average.
What about the “released, pending investigation” status don't you like? We have agreed to put the pitchforks down and to let the process take it's course, yes? Rather than gossip about connections and money, how about some self awareness and know that the Hawaii County legal system is rarely in a hurry.
Agreed. They need the evidence first. Itʻs painful to have someone like this out, but people are innocent until proven guilty. And yeah, lose the gossip.
Certainty will be the death of us.
I think a person in a hospital bed at Queens with 3 holes in him is evidence enough to charge him with attempted murder.

He should have been charged, arraigned and bail set. If he makes bail, fine. If not, fine.

If the investigation turns up nothing, charges are dropped.
Charged with what? Attempted murder? Based on your assumption?
You don't think there could be any reason why someone might end up with 3 bullets inside them and still be in the wrong?

Have a little faith in the investigatory powers of our detectives. I'm guessing there is some compelling physical evidence that either points a finger at the inpatient or clouds the picture to the point of ambiguity. Either way, there must not be attempted murder level evidence.

Besides, it's an island. Where ya gonna go? Even the most seasoned hard ass local pig hunta bruddah who knows every trail and tube gets caught eventually. I'd rather not pay to incarcerate someone we don't have to.

Picking sides based on the outcome instead of based on the totality of an event is short sighted and shows impatience.
Considering that the Hawaii County Police opened an attempted murder investigation and arrested him for attempted murder, I fail to see the reason the PA Office would not charge him with attempted murder.

Where’s he gonna go?

Hilo airport for starters. Maybe Kona.

If he had been charged and bail had been set and even met, he ain’t going nowhere.
The wheels of justice turn slowly here, if at all. I'm going to bookmark this case until next year which is the next time I expect to hear an official update.
Well, I've lived here 30 plus years and yes, the wheels of justice do turn slowly here - if at all.

What amazes me more, however, is that for some reason, the people are fine with that.

Unless of course, you become a victim.