Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Old Lahaina Town Utterly Destroyed - Recovery & Relief Efforts
All things considered, I think today's visit by President Biden and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden was very good.

President Biden, Govenor Green, Mayor Bissen, Representatives Case and Tokuda and Senators Hirono and Schatz all spoke from the heart and said what the people of Maui really needed to hear.

And I believe each of them at their word.

Time will tell, but I think to the people of Maui it will go a long way as they begin to heal and rebuild.
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama
Biden went to Maui and cracked a joke about the ground being hot.

What's next? Going to Pearl Harbor and ordering a round of Kamikaze's?

This guy has the sensitivity of a stick.
(08-23-2023, 01:59 AM)AaronM Wrote: Biden went to Maui and cracked a joke about the ground being hot.

What's next?  Going to Pearl Harbor and ordering a round of Kamikaze's?

This guy has the sensitivity of a stick.
Once again, you prove your 9th grade education.

Here is the reality of the situation:

https://news.yahoo.com/rnc-soulless-ghou...07725.html
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama
Oh, so a joke isn't a joke since he was talking to a dog?

There is no room for humor in a tragedy, period.
Thanks for your opinion Aaron. I think there are more important things to focus on.
It was NEVER a joke you inconsiderate fool.

It was a comment made when recognizing that the dog was wearing protective boots to protect the dogs paws from the hot asphalt.

Yes, this tragedy needs no jokes. But it sure as hell does not need people like you making up absolute bullshit.

ETA: I’m sorry Rob, I had to respond.

— Barack Obama
You guys cut it out. When it becomes about you and Aaron this thread is getting hijacked. Bicker on your own dime.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
(08-23-2023, 03:50 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: ETA: I’m sorry Rob, I had to respond.

Two lies in one sentence!  You know you're not sorry and you definitely didn't have to respond.

I think it's time for me to take a vacay Rob, good luck with that one.
You got it bub. Anyone else?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Anyway, back to the topic. I found an interesting article in the L.A. Times regarding the search dogs employed in the rubble.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story...an-remains