Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Airport Delays
(01-09-2024, 09:40 AM)TomK Wrote: I'm getting fed up with this. Tell us which specific part/s broke, which spares are easily accessible in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, how many staff are required to fix the problem, and how much it would cost. Then give a cost comparison of having every spare part possible at the airport, with technical staff available at the drop of a hat that would fix the same problem in as short a time as possible. Please factor in the costs of passenger delays and the cost of tickets when the airport charges an airline appropriate landing fees to have everything available at Hilo airport.

No Tom, I am the one who is fed up with this.

Clearly, all you wish to do is argue. Further, your responses show that you have NOT read my posts, you just formulated your response to fit your uninformed narrative.

I have clearly described the problems. Numerous times. I have clearly discussed approximate costs, including providing a link on purchase pricing of the failed equipment.

I don't subscribe this immature mentality.

I just simply will end this farce by saying I agree to disagree with you. 

If it makes you feel better, you can say you won the argument.
Hilo airport simply isn't important enough to justify a second screening lane or spares. Many similar decisions are made in rural areas. HNL has six screening lines. SFO has five. PDX has two.

The only thing to consider is whether the trade-offs are worth it, which decision is both subjective and personal. Hawaii isn't going to change.
OMG people had to go to the airport 2 hours early, it's not the end of the world and it doesn't justifiy having a multimillion dollar machine on standby in case of an outage.
(01-09-2024, 07:07 PM)Obie Wrote: OMG people had to go to the airport 2 hours early, it's not the end of the world and it doesn't justifiy having a multimillion dollar machine on standby in case of an outage.

Exactly!
Wahine

Lead by example
Arriving just before my flight was the only redeeming quality at Hilo.
"Arriving just before my flight was the only redeeming quality at Hilo."

How many airports have you departed from that have comfortable couches in a huge uncrowded lounge area ?

Please tell us where you live now so we can critique your new airport and everything else about the new state you live in.
comfortable couches in a huge uncrowded lounge

And historic information about the people, the city, and ikebana arrangements in a prominent location?  
(01-10-2024, 02:29 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: comfortable couches in a huge uncrowded lounge

And historic information about the people, the city, and ikebana arrangements in a prominent location?  

And newly remodeled restrooms that were flip flopped!
newly remodeled restrooms

Don’t forget to mention the faucets!
(01-09-2024, 09:35 PM)kalakoa Wrote: Arriving just before my flight was the only redeeming quality at Hilo.

Hilo or the airport? I assume the latter because if you moved here and found  Hilo wasn't to your liking then that's on you. Of all the airports I've visited, Hilo is the easiest and most comfortable to use. Check-in is fast as long as you don't have a confused family in front of you (e-boarding is available if you want to avoid a physical check-in). You don't have to walk a mile or two to your gate, the general lounge area is the nicest I've seen anywhere in the world, and boarding is reasonably easy compared to other airports.

I don't know what it is that causes some people to rail against the airport. We're lucky to have such a place. I know you complain about everything and anything, but Hilo airport is the least of my worries when I fly.