Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are now 20 brand new homes for sale in HPP.
Realtors are not allowed to disclose anything about what happened there. Obie

I am not disagreeing because I have no idea. It seems like the right thing to do though. Do you have a Hawaii reference regarding this?

This article is not Hawaii specific but does seem to depart from your assertion. Again, Hawaii may have lower standards.

https://www.cresinsurance.com/when-to-di...d-rentals/

When To Disclose Crime Activity Around Your Real Estate Listings and Rentals
Obie's right. Talking about crime in a neighborhood is a violation of the Fair Housing Act and can get a realtor in trouble. They are only allowed to point customers to sources of information where a customer can make their own determination.

I can't speak to the information in the article posted above, but in Hawaii the MLS people can fine a realtor for even putting things in a listing description like, "The Punaweb Bar and Grill is only a five minute walk from this amazing property" because it's discriminatory/offensive against people who can't walk, and being physically disabled is a protected class. You might see those things in listings, but technically they are in violation, and the realtor will be sanctioned (usually a warning if they fix it) if they are reported. Describing a neighborhood as having "high crime", even in an informal setting, is considered steering, and against a slew of rules, laws, and regulations.

If you want to know "why", research why the TV Series COPS was taken off the air.
You mean to tell me that The PunaWeb Bar & Grill does not have subsidized Uber rides?

Go figure!
because it's discriminatory/offensive against people who can't 

I’m offended because properties in mls listings are unobtainable for homeless and jobless people, and houses listed for sale are therefore discriminatory against them.  

It must be a fine line.
(05-22-2024, 03:48 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: You mean to tell me that The PunaWeb Bar & Grill does not have subsidized Uber rides?

Go figure!

It will be on an aerial PMAR route.  A flying Hele-On will whisk patrons directly to/fro their homes for free.  The 90 meter telescope and various other environmental protesters will look like angry ants, mad for the smell of gasoline, blocking the empty roads far below. I'll be at the bar, tackling bland Asian food with a spork, complaining to the bartender about that time the county made me weigh my Earth car for the sole purpose of suffocating me with their oppressive bureaucracy.  The 50-year old interim permit for the urinal will be finalized, even though all forms of excrement were rendered obsolete by North Korean inventions decades prior.   

And then all of a sudden:
"And then all of a sudden:"

Punatang comes running into The PunaWeb Bar & Grill in jubilation, excitement and glee, loudly exclaiming that the last brand-new home in HPP sold for $1.50.
Bwaaahaaaa!!! You guys!

Wait, will we still have to buy homes?  I thought we would own nothing and be happy.
I don't know about homes, but roads?

(05-19-2024, 08:39 PM)My 2 cents Wrote: This is the 4th bubble that I have observed here over the last 40+ years.  There have been various factors, but one thing has been consistent with all of them: as the prices start to climb, more and more developers and speculators jump on the bandwagon and start building houses and selling them.  The ones who get in early make out very well as long as they know when to stop.  The ones who get in late or keep going thinking the heyday will last forever end up scrambling. 

What we are seeing now is not a buyers’ or sellers’ market.  It’s a non-market.  Builders are scrambling to get their houses finished and on the market before it’s too late, but it’s already too late.  Prospective buyers are seeing the prices go down and will wait until it levels off and at that point they will have many choices of foreclosures and houses priced below what it cost to build them.  We are still a long way from that, the crash is just beginning.

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”       (E. Hemingway from The Sun Also Rises)
(05-22-2024, 07:35 AM)Punatang Wrote: Bwaaahaaaa!!! You guys!

Wait, will we still have to buy homes?  I thought we would own nothing and be happy.

Turns out that eating bugs wasn't as palatable or financially feasible as the WEF demons thought.  McDonalds and Monsanto merged into a single company, McSanto, and created a GMO cricket that was supposed to taste like and replace a Big Mac.  They made a couple of mistakes, like hiring Bill Cosby for the rollout of the "New Mac", and ignoring customer complaints that it tasted like dog crap, and were eventually forced to return to sourcing protein from cows.

Unfortunately, although those HPP homes are only going to be a $1.50, that's in Hawaii Kingdom Digital Currency.  (HKDC), equal to approximately $2M in 2024 Federal Reserve Notes.