Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hawaii Decarbonization Settlement 2045
(07-01-2024, 06:07 PM)ironyak Wrote: HiloJulie -  Telling somebody that they are “slow on the uptake” because they rebutted to something you said, well what does that say about you?
I didn't say you were being slow on the uptake because you rebutted something (curious to know what you think that was exactly), but because it's tiring that you keep asking the same questions already answered. Yes, Julie, for the umpteenth time, I have solar, does that make me a pure enough vessel for you to finally listen and adapt to what the science has been saying for 50+ years?

Well, to be honest, you originally posted a link and then cut and pasted 4 key lifestyle changes one can make. There was no mention of you being on solar power, just a suggestion that people could be on solar. 

I then asked if you are on solar and your piece of evidence was to embed a link back to your 4 key lifestyle change post. 

I then again asked if you are on solar when you then finally said you were again pointing out your prio post that only makes suggestions about being on solar. 

In as much as I normally end debate when the Godwin Law gets pulled out, as you did, but I also prefer to debate with people who at least know and have the capacity to remember what they did and did not say.

Oh well, I guess your brilliance got in the way of your argument.
Ironyak, hate to derail anything, but in learning about "solarpunk" from you I also have now learned of "lunarpunk"...I am just browsing up a storm learning all I can about these new-to-me concepts...I'm loving this!

Mahalo nui loa!

Ok, everyone, carry on! (Or wait...isn't that what the Bicker Board was started for?) :-x
(07-01-2024, 09:13 PM)punikahakaiferret Wrote: Ironyak, hate to derail anything, but in learning about "solarpunk" from you I also have now learned of "lunarpunk"...I am just browsing up a storm learning all I can about these new-to-me concepts...I'm loving this!

Mahalo nui loa!
Ok, everyone, carry on! (Or wait...isn't that what the Bicker Board was started for?) :-x

Yes, I’m positive that the core tenants of lunarpunk, such as witchcraft, paganism, satanic, wiccan and anarchism is clearly the answer. 

The salvation of climate change is here!

Oh, are you doing your browsing storm on solar?

Lunarpunk

Carry on!
I just love learning about all sorts of things; be they alternative, esoteric, "fringe", you name it. Cultures, music, food, science, religion, on and on.

Keeps the mind sharp, and keeps life lively. :-)
I pretty much ignored the solarpunk aspect of this thread until Ms. ferret got me curious and I looked it up on Wiipedia: "solarpunk works to address how the future might look if humanity succeeded in solving major contemporary challenges with an emphasis on sustainability." My reaction is, oh, so like the traditional Hawaiian culture?
Certainty will be the death of us.
Kalianna, exactly! It's the sort of concept that could actually "have legs", or "get traction" in modern times as well as traditional...

...which makes for fun thought-experiments.

But with enough like-mindeds wanting to cooperate, and without bureaucratic interference bloating it all, to make such things happen...could happen.

But that's far beyond my abilities as one little ferret, so I just dream and learn. :-)

p.s. not to belabor, but if anyone else is intrigued, use perplexity.ai (my new fave search tool) and search "solarpunk"...it gives a really great overview with follow-up options for more info.
Dreaming and learning sounds like a fine way to spend a life, but Iʻd add "practice" too.
Certainty will be the death of us.
My reaction is, oh, so like the traditional Hawaiian culture?

That’s one.
My reaction was - - oh, so like The Whole Earth Catalog?

I stopped by the new little library down the road from the Volcano Golf Corse last week.  It’s big by little library standards with a large notice painted on the front “READ.”  Inside was a beat up copy of Handmade Houses, a photo book of owner built structures in the 1970’s, mostly of recycled materials.  Loved that book new, and now, recycled like it’s contents.
Kalianna, it's true...I do practice, in my own small ways. Off-grid solar, try to live simply, buy small and local, grow some food. But I try to keep to myself. I'm not social...not gregarious. At least in person. I'm known to longwindedness behind the keyboard but try to keep it in check.

Anyways, I don't want it to be about me, I'm just sharing the seeds with anyone who wants to "grow", that is; learn. :-)

HOTPE: After losing my copy of TWEC years ago on the mainland, I picked up another not long ago. Such fun to read...

Oh! There's a Little Free Library in Volcano? Please give me more info! I know where about a dozen are on the island (including my own I built at the end of my driveway) but I love adding more to my list! That sounds like an amazing one, based on the books you got!
Little Free Library in Volcano? Please give me more info!

Turn right from Highway 11 into the Volcano Golf Course subdivision.  That’s Piimauna Road.  You’ll pass the Golf Course trailer/buildings, and maybe 1/2 mile from the highway on the right is an open area with the little library.  Easy to park off the side of the road.  

Enjoy!