Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations
(07-27-2024, 04:40 PM)MyManao Wrote: UKIRK UKIRT, tomayto, tomahto, buy the book. It was in print for over 25 years, there's still plenty in circulation, Amazon? Or, sheesh, go to the library.

Whatever, just stop being an asshole Tom.

The tomato thing is about how it's pronounced depending on where you come from. UKIRK is not a mispronunciation; you would expect the book's author to know that, but I suspect you aren't the author and just took pictures for the book instead.

What's the name of the book, and what's the ISBN? If you want people to read the book, you could at least tell them what book it is.
I left this alone for a couple of days in case MyManao had a change of heart, but if you want people to buy the book, why not provide the title, author, and ISBN? Who's going to buy a book they know nothing about?
Sorry, I'm lost. Is this the bicker thread?
(07-31-2024, 09:58 PM)randomq Wrote: Sorry, I'm lost. Is this the bicker thread?

I think that the answer to the question can only be answered by the original poster of this thread as well as the volcano picture taker. 

Now, I don’t think that either you nor myself will go to far before we are accused of “personal off topic banter” or even worse yet, being called a “Karen”
Again, you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't control how people use this or any thread - we're doing anarchism here, so if you don't like it, don't associate with it and find or make another thread. Or argue some more, whatevs. Only Rob can enforce some expected standard of behavior.

While well intentioned, the Bicker Board is a bit self-defeating in that not only do you get the original argument in whatever random thread, now you also get an argument as to how the argument should be done somewhere else. Free bonus bickering! ;)

Personally, I like the books, and learned a thing or two from them, and got some new perspective, even having lived through some of the local events covered. I'm sure the critics have their own published books to mention, or no? Just more peanut gallery b.s. to try and deflect from the criticism?
(07-31-2024, 10:59 PM)ironyak Wrote: Personally, I like the books, and learned a thing or two from them, ans got some new perspective, even having lived through some of the local events covered. I'm sure the critics have their own published books to mention, or no? Just more peanut gallery b.s. to try and deflect from the criticism?

I don’t see any criticism of any book here. 

Clearly, just ascertaining the title of the book in question seems too monumental of a request to make.
If you don't see any criticism of any book, that's because that's not the criticism I'm talking about? "You try so hard but you don't understand ... Because something is happening here but you don't know what it is" - true that Bobby D.

We all know the titles of the books, because this same argument has been had several times over. As you've read PunaWeb back to day one, surely you've seen this and figured out who everyone is? It's really not that big of a community, many of us know, or know of, each other, so not sure why some are so interesting in trying to dox one another.
(08-01-2024, 12:08 AM)ironyak Wrote: If you don't see any criticism of any book, that's because that's not the criticism I'm talking about? "You try so hard but you don't understand ... Because something is happening here but you don't know what it is" - true that Bobby D.

We all know the titles of the books, because this same argument has been had several times over. As you've read PunaWeb back to day one, surely you've seen this and figured out who everyone is? It's really not that big of a community, many of us know, or know of, each other, so not sure why some are so interesting in trying to dox one another.

Do you ever read what you say?

Well, I guess not. 

And again, I don’t see anyone trying to DOX anyone. 

Simply just trying to get a simple title to a book is all the question is. 

I must say however, you get an A Plus on being so full of subterfuge!
It's not subterfuge just because you don't understand what is happening Julie. This is just the latest chapter in a conversation that goes back a decade, at least, between individuals that know each other.

I'll let you in on the secret that not only do I know the book title, so does TomK and Obie, so while they may be quite convincing when playing dumb, if you've actually read back to day one on PunaWeb as you've claimed, and still don't know the personalities or context for this discussion, then you may be the genuine article? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(08-01-2024, 04:37 AM)ironyak Wrote: It's not subterfuge just because you don't understand what is happening Julie. This is just the latest chapter in a conversation that goes back a decade, at least, between individuals that know each other.

I'll let you in on the secret that not only do I know the book title, so does TomK and Obie, so while they may be quite convincing when playing dumb, if you've actually read back to day one on PunaWeb as you've claimed, and still don't know the personalities or context for this discussion, then you may be the genuine article? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Once again, you're wrong! 

In as much as I have never met Tom, Obie or MyMano, I know who Tom and MyMano are. I don't know Obie at all.

I also fully understand the conversations and believe you me, I know the personalities as well between Tom, Obie and whatever nom de plume the current MyMano has used. It's very evident in the postings I've read.

Further, I would not call Tom or Obie "dumb" in any sense of the word. 

I guess we have just wasted all this "personal off topic banter" by engaging in "personal off topic banter."

At any event, I'd love to read the book. Whatever the title is.