Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question for Rob on current PunaWeb hopes & expectations
Cough, cough...

"Rules for thee and not for me" Julie strikes again! But don't worry, it's not cultural appropriation to mention Jewish people (like many things, those words don't mean what you think they mean) so other than being a forgetful hypocrite you're in the clear (unless that's just what THEY want you to believe before The Event...)

Probably best to grow some dreadlocks, don some crystals and tye-dye, hit a blunt, and blend in with the locals. At least grey man tactics in Puna are chill and got style!

ETA due to criss-crossing messages: Whale shit is actually rich in nutrients and critical for healthy ocean ecosystems like ours. Sounds goalworthy to me - hopefully my own effulence can be as nourishing for you! ;)?
Nothing poor about my comment. You are just incapable of admitting to making a mistake. You know, one of those things that makes us human.
Wahine

Lead by example
(08-07-2024, 09:55 PM)ironyak Wrote: Probably best to grow some dreadlocks, don some crystals and tye-dye, hit a blunt, and blend in with the locals. At least grey man tactics in Puna are chill and got style!
LOL.   That's a good one.  I would definitely grow some dreadlocks if it were possible.
Maybe Ironyyak, MyMano and Ms Wao could apply to be bus drivers for our (supposedly) cherished youth. 

I would, but Hawaii County won’t let AI drive a school bus. Yet.
(08-07-2024, 09:48 PM)HiloJulie Wrote: Maybe if I was a man..

You really don't need to bring gender into it. Petty Tyrants come in all kine shapes and sizes. Really, you'd be amazed.

(08-07-2024, 09:01 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Question: Did the culturally Hawaiian college geology students graduate from a standard high school learning environment..

Ya know, Edge, I haven't a clue. One could assume all sorts of this and that, for sure, but all I do know is he had that situation and we talked about it, and he seemingly took our conversations to heart, and changed into how he did things. And at some later point we discussed outcomes.

I also know that the Hawaiian people have, in good measure and supported with your tax dollars (thank you very much), put in place a system of Hawaiian language immersion schools, and are now, unlike when I am referring back in '92 or so, teaching their own the way they see fit. Which is to suggest things are getting better, and whatever is appropriate is being provided. Which, btw, I think is one of the better things those tax dollars of our's do. Gets my vote for sure.

And no, my great grandkids, who are the generation of my descendants who are currently in grade school, are not in the Hawaiian language immersion program. And still I think it is worth every penny being spent on it. Shit man, we're collectively sharing in the renaissance of a race of people. It's phenomenal.
Hawaiian Emergence

Do you mean immersion?  Or, has has a new type of school emerged?  Channeling my inner TomK.
I wish you all the best.
(08-07-2024, 11:15 PM)Punatang Wrote: Hawaiian Emergence

Do you mean immersion?  Or, has has a new type of school emerged?  Channeling my inner TomK.

Smile

Thx
If I had asked "What's an emergence school?" you can imagine MyManao's response would have been very different.
"Chas - So then why would you even say that you wrote a book and go on and on about the content?

I look at this as sort of an insider reference, or..."

OH! Ok. Right, you're really making sense now. Thanks.
Do you purposely spell his name wrong? Youʻre very consistent.
Certainty will be the death of us.