Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punaweb Archive
Is it lost Rob... I've been waiting nearly a month to see if they will get restored.

Response received previously on Punaweb... yet I can't find it because search engine is down... Was something to the effect that the archives would be restored.

It's all good one way or the other if we just restart punaweb with a fresh start one way or the other.

It would suck if many previous posts over the last few years have been lost because of a simple glitch.

I need to use my 5 posts a day very vigilantly here on Punaweb, because I can't refer to things in the past.

Is it truly just a new beginning? If old archives have been lost no biggie for me... as I try to stay current on things.

I would hope thread counts would reflect that in some way or another if previous posts can no longer be searched for.

It does suck being limited to only 5 posts a day because Punaweb was not as active before a few members did show up here.

You know me Rob... Stubborn... and wanting answers on things.

What is the status of the archives??? and if it's lost... please inform us so that we can quit looking for back posts.

Mahalo,

dt

-------
General Election Unofficial Poll
Man, it would really suck to lose this info.
So many questions asked and answered. This is tragic. It may not be the burning of the Library at Alexandria, but it is pertinent to my needs, so it is close.
By my observation Punaweb has, at this moment, 53,762 posts. The main forum has 172 pages of topics. I have every reason to believe that the archives are intact... it is the search function that needs recalibration. My suspicion is that the search feature is looking to our old server for the data. It is on the web master's "to do" list when he returns.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
The oldest post I can find is:
http://punaweb.org/Forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2&sortfield=lastpost&sortorder=desc&whichpage=172

07/06/2003 01:02:21

So the records are there. That post has a TOPIC_ID of 12 which is pretty early in the incremental ID. This post about the archive has a TOPIC_ID of 6966.