Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you visit friends in Hawaii....
Carol - Thanks for starting this thread. Except for a detour or two, I've found it very informative and even entertaining. It's good we can share our actual experiences.

Pam - great post, especially the Mom thing. Sophie's Mom has been here 5 or 6 times (I'm losing count), but back when we were still living in the shed and actively building the house, she was repeatedly giving Sophie a particularly hard time about not taking her shopping enough. That lady can do Hilo Hatties EVERY day she's here. That visit was when we were painting, so we'd rented equipment and had even planned on the extra help from the visiting brothers. Of course, Soph was much more polite than I reminding her that she "knew that" before coming. Me, I just kinda blew up - not something I have a history of doing with MIL, but then I'm rather intolerant of ANYONE giving Sophie a hard time.. We've all got passed it.LOL

Some other thoughts for anyone interested. We've really only had 1 guest that had us looking forward to her leaving, but that was back when we first moved here and it rained, rained, rained that whole week.

We've hosted 2 major family events involving Sophie's family - that involved 12 sleeping here at the house at crunch time. One of the things we did was suggest staggered arrival/departure so while most planned on 2 weeks, we only had 5 or 6 days of everyone here. During those days, each family unit was assigned their day to be responsible for the major meal - buying and preparing. This was all made part of the email updates and everyone made it fun. Otherwise, we ate out a lot and that was done equitably for the most part. Truthfully, we are looking forward to the next round.
My own family, has never visited. Just the thought of all those smokers... Anyway, as I'm not buying them any airfare in foreseeable future, guess they won't be visiting.

Cat - If you don't post your letter, I'd like an email copy, please

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident

Messages In This Thread
When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by csgray - 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dcl - 03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by Guest - 03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by missydog1 - 03-09-2010, 07:35 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dmbwest - 03-09-2010, 11:15 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dcl - 03-11-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by missydog1 - 03-11-2010, 02:52 PM