Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you visit friends in Hawaii....
Boy oh boy have I had my fill with visitors that don't get it! lol... especially the water thing, why would someone need to take so many showers? Happened to us when hubby's brother and girlfriend came. They dominated our living spaces, didn't provide any food for themselves at all and wanted to go out to eat when I had already stocked up to cook!

Showers multiple times a day each... we work from home and couldn't even do that cause they just didn't get it. They even had their own rental car and STILL didn't understand why we couldn't spend every waking moment taking them sightseeing... they would literally wake up and come in and say "We don't care what we do today, just take us somewhere cool..." well we HAVE TO WORK! I just wanted to scream.

I finally locked myself in my room the last ocuple of days, refused to come out but for meals that I refused to cook. Hubby was so happy when they were gone- just as I was.

We have a seperate ohana for guests until the end of April, we chose to buy with no room to spare for guests! Even had to break it to the MIL that she'll have to get a room in May when she visits. She wasn't happy and that's when I realized just how much we're taken advantage of here by our "friends and loved ones" from another place.

ETA: I want to be clear though, that MIL and my mother are both aweosme visitors and we're happy to have them on our couch anytime. It just so happens that MIL doesn't want to sleep on the couch. Darn! At least the moms will cook, keep themselves busy and give us some space.

~ Rachael

Messages In This Thread
When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by csgray - 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dcl - 03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by Guest - 03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by missydog1 - 03-09-2010, 07:35 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dmbwest - 03-09-2010, 11:15 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dcl - 03-11-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by missydog1 - 03-11-2010, 02:52 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by Hawaiibound - 03-12-2010, 05:04 AM