Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Subdivision Power Policy (SSPP)
The Special Subdivision Power Policy was already paid when we bought our lot. I said a silent and grateful thanks to the universe and to the unknown previous owner who paid mine. Someone saved us $1,450.00.

For the second time now we have friends looking for a piece of volcanic rock to call their own and having missed purchasing the lot immediatley next to ours their search is starting fresh.

To make a long story short I started researching the SSPP info on the Helco website and here is what I found.

There are 39 different “Unit”numbers assigned to the parcels making up Orchidland. The amount of your SSPP buy in is based on the the unit number of your parcel.

There is a huge fluctuation in the buy in amounts. S979.00 was the lowest and $5,617.00 (eek) was the high.

Does anyone know what the buy in amount is based on? It does not appear to be soley based on the number of acres in the parcel.

Does distance from a paved road come into play? I am also just assuming every street in OLE has a power pole approximately every two lots (?)

Having looked at couple of what I would call “bargain parcels” and then checked the amount for the SSPP buy in it appears they are not so much of a bargain.

It could be why I see so many on a couple of “not going to say which” streets constantly being bought and sold. These would be 2 acre lots the same size as ours with 2 ½ time more $$ required SSPP than ours was. Can you educate me?

Thanks, Susan
[Big Grin]

Messages In This Thread
Special Subdivision Power Policy (SSPP) - by Susan - 01-16-2013, 05:34 AM